Decrease Control Authority at high speeds.

TheKurgan

Hello all,

I have been creating some extremely fast jets, drones and modular missiles lately, and I was thinking that a mod that could decrease the control surface max deflection, or preferably their authority at high speeds would be awesome.

The jets and missiles I have created, some that do almost mach 5 (with ZERO custom parts) , have to have very low authority when doing speeds in excess of mach 1.5, or they explode from g forces when attempting maneuvers... because of this very low authority, they handle like  turds at low speeds. I know in reality you would just use less input, but the AI didn't get the memo...

Does anyone have the expertise to create such a plugin?

My modding skills are definitely not there yet.

Thanks.

This Modular Missile peaked at mach 4.98

Spoiler

Edited by TheKurgan

On 12/19/2018 at 12:41 AM, TheKurgan said:

@Nightside Thanks for that tip!

I found a fork from the original repository that was updated for Authority vs deflection, I recompiled it for 1.5.1, and it works good enough for what I want it for.

Cheers!

Mind sharing with the rest of the class?

If you're looking for a mod with a listed license Crzyrndm had a mod "Dynamic Deflection" Here:

That was originally GPLv3 but released as public domain here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/163707-no-longer-maintaining/

Edit: looks like DynamicControls was forked from Crzyrndm's work

Edited by wasml
Additional info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.