Sign in to follow this  
MrJoolian

Revamp the Kerbodyne Fuel tanks please!

Recommended Posts

I second this - I think that the textures should get a resolution update and fix the wobbly lines 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They definitely do need a revamp. I would like it look similar to the 1.6 adapter (2.5-3.5m) and have all the same texture switches. This would be great for 1.7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing they are already planning a revamped since the 1.25m and 2.5m parts are revamped too. But I would like if they add added a 3.75m poodle/terrier equivalent and a flat 3.75- 2.5m adapter. But if they do revamp the parts I hope they include a lot of options like what they did with the 1.25m parts. Id also like if they did that with the 1.8m parts (Look kinda bad now) and more options for the 2.5m parts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They really have odd texturing that's never looked good, it just looked better than the crazy 2.5m stuff. But now...the 5m stuff puts them to shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 11:40 AM, Dfthu said:

Id also like if they did that with the 1.8m parts (Look kinda bad now) and more options for the 2.5m parts.

It's so sad how quickly the MH parts aged out. When they came out they were a big improvement over Stock, but it's pretty clear they threw out the design sheet (if they even had one) after MH and came up with new (much improved) art guidelines since then.

The absolute worst nightmare IMHO is the 2 person LEM lander from MH. Not even counting the texturing, the layout of the RCS thrusters aren't correctly aligned. It's not even possible to create a craft using that part that has balanced RCS without turning off the part's RCS entirely and pretending all those nozzles don't exist.

Edited by Tyko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tyko said:

The absolute worst nightmare IMHO is the 2 person LEM lander from MH. Not even counting the texturing, the layout of the RCS thrusters aren't correctly aligned. It's not even possible to create a craft using that part that has balanced RCS without turning off the part's RCS entirely and pretending all those nozzles don't exist.

I feel like that part needs a major rework. Besides the RCS alignment issues you mentioned, it’s also disproportionately small compared to an MH Command/Service Module.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I feel like that part needs a major rework. Besides the RCS alignment issues you mentioned, it’s also disproportionately small compared to an MH Command/Service Module.

Interesting...I always thought the Mk1 and Mk2 Lander cans were too big and that the LEM was about the right size. The RL LEM was supposed to be as small and light as possible and only had to squeeze 2 crew for 2 days. The Apollo capsule had to support a crew of 3 for two weeks. One could argue that the MH LEM and the Mk1-3 capsule are not supposed to be exact replicas of the Apollo program, but if the MH LEM is modeled after the real-life LEM I think it's about right.

In my game I downsize the Mk1 lander can to 80% stock size (keeping all stats the same).

Edited by Tyko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this