"Keep the pod bay door closed please Hal"

theJesuit

Hi all.

I know @Snark has just found a use for some of the new features in 1.6...

Could someone please  work out how to allow helmets to be removed if a kerbal is within a closed cargo bay.

The thinking is that if cargo bay is closed (hiding whatever is in it from aerodynamic forces, even unattached items) then the same ModuleCargoBay could be hijacked for helmet removal. 

So a kerbal on a command seat in a mk2 or mk3 cargo bay could remain helmetless from KSC into space.  Then some idiot (say me), or evil computer AI (kOS/mechJeb/action group) opens the bay door and poof goes the kerbal. Hence the thread title.

Then part mods like kerbal tubes, planetary domes, etc. could also have this module as part of their parts (never able to be opened) and we could then EVA helmetless on the Mün or Duna.

Wouldn't be awesome to have Mk3 or Mk2 cargo bays with transparent pod doors without those other mods?

What say you awesome modders and coders? Can this be done?

Anyways, thanks for having a look and scratching your heads.

Peace.

13 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Humph. Changing the KerbalEVA so minpressure for safe remove being 0 doesn't allow for safe removal in the vacuum.  But at 69,999m on kerbin it does.

There goes my cfg manipulation. Any ideas anyone?

Have you tried making it -1?  

if it's checking if the pressure is greater than the minpressure, and they are both set to zero, it will fail.   If it's checking if it's greater than or equal to......  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.