GeneCash

VAB filters don't work?

Hm. It seems the VAB part filters do nothing. I clicked the filter button, then filter-by-cross-section, clicked one... and nothing changed. None of the other filters work either.

Or is this just me?

• Like 1

Worse than nothing - once I click a filter (eg; cross-section) I can't change selection at all, such as click on fuel tanks, engines, nothing.

1.6 by the way.

Annnndddd... today, it works fine. Went in and opened the debug console log to see if it gave and errors, and couldn't get it to break.

Did not change a thing. Used the exact same career save. Bug closed - unable to reproduce. Sigh.

Saw this too. Launching without mods fixed them. Then I took out Precise Maneuver from my mods list (KSP was whining about it), which didn't improve the situation.

Eventually, I narrowed the issue down (or so I think) to KerbalX and/or KXAPI earlier this morning. Removing them restored the VAB filters back to full functionality for me. Either way, they work fine now on my end.

"Or so I think" was the magic phrase. It seems to be either something with Module Manager, or the way 1.6 generates it's part database -or maybe both, I don't know. The guys over at MM are looking into it anyway.

Edited by Atkara

I just tried this in my stock Steam install and they all seem to work fine, including cross section. The filters are correct and I had no lockups or UI issues.

Well, as per my post above I didn't change any of my mods (MechJeb, Kerbal Alarm Clock, or ModuleManager) and I'm still playing the exact same save. Today it works. Yesterday, it didn't. Something was TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Payloads) and now I guess it's not.

There have been issues with people using ModuleManager losing right clicks.  Since this doesn't seem to affect vanilla installs, I wonder if it is related.

Can't check at the moment (holidays *pftt*) but mods seem likely.  Will report as soon as possible.