Sign in to follow this  
Jestersage

Direction of elevator

Question

While it is possible to determine the direction the wing will go when "brake" was applied, in normal operation, is there a way to ensure the wing flap pull in the direction that I want so it will "work as intended"?

6 answers to this question

You can give the elevator negativ authority limiter value in the paw then it will go the opposit direction. Not so sure about the relationship between brake and elevator, do you want to increase the drag while braking?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PrvDancer85 said:

You can give the elevator negativ authority limiter value in the paw then it will go the opposit direction. Not so sure about the relationship between brake and elevator, do you want to increase the drag while braking?

Ooh, didn't know about the negative authority (know about the beyond 100). (PAW I assume is right click menu, right?)

Brake/elevator relationship: In default part assembly without touching anything, the elevator extension is automatically assigned to brake. I am basically simplifying my words, which actually means "I want my elevator point upward when in extended mode and in pitch up"

Edited by Jestersage

Using elevons as airbrakes uses the "deploy" function in the PAW (yes, the right click menu). If it deploys in the wrong direction, click the "invert deploy direction" button.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jestersage said:

(PAW I assume is right click menu, right?)

Yes. Officially dubbed "Part Action Window".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bewing said:

Using elevons as airbrakes uses the "deploy" function in the PAW (yes, the right click menu). If it deploys in the wrong direction, click the "invert deploy direction" button.

I figured out the airbrake part. It's in terms of normal operation where it goes opposite where I want it to go. I basically want it to go up for both deployed mode and when I pitch up (elevon is at rear)

EDIT: As indicated by my marking, PrvDancer85 is correct.

Edited by Jestersage
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jestersage said:

Brake/elevator relationship: In default part assembly without touching anything, the elevator extension is automatically assigned to brake.

Ok i didnt know that, i'm on console and my game doesnt make this