Direction of elevator

9 hours ago, PrvDancer85 said:

You can give the elevator negativ authority limiter value in the paw then it will go the opposit direction. Not so sure about the relationship between brake and elevator, do you want to increase the drag while braking?

Ooh, didn't know about the negative authority (know about the beyond 100). (PAW I assume is right click menu, right?)

Brake/elevator relationship: In default part assembly without touching anything, the elevator extension is automatically assigned to brake. I am basically simplifying my words, which actually means "I want my elevator point upward when in extended mode and in pitch up"

Edited by Jestersage

6 hours ago, bewing said:

Using elevons as airbrakes uses the "deploy" function in the PAW (yes, the right click menu). If it deploys in the wrong direction, click the "invert deploy direction" button.

I figured out the airbrake part. It's in terms of normal operation where it goes opposite where I want it to go. I basically want it to go up for both deployed mode and when I pitch up (elevon is at rear)

EDIT: As indicated by my marking, PrvDancer85 is correct.

Edited by Jestersage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.