Manual update to 1.6

Where did you bought the game? The ksp store steam, gog?

Not quite sure if there is a separate patch to download via the ksp store but steam and gog don't offer these options.

How about using your phone as a hotspot so your pc can actually use the mobile data of the phone to access the internet then update as usual?

Ok, so I guess I won’t be able to do the hotspot because I don’t have iTunes on my gaming rig, and Win10 won’t recognize my phone as a network adapter without that. 

I guess I will have to see if there is a way to get around the iTunes thing, but that’s the first step on all of the 20+ sites I’ve looked at so far. 

Again, thanks for your time and help. 

12 hours ago, Harry Rhodan said:

Are you trying to connect via USB? A wireless connection would be much easier.

Yeah, it should have nothing to do with Itunes, but with the phone itself.   You may have to call up your phone service provider and have them add that to your service plan, and that will enable it.    It will create a wifi hotspot that you can connect any device to the internet.  

Yeah...

so I don’t have wi-fi or Bluetooth on my desktop gaming pc, so that only leaves the iPhone to pc via USB. Since I only ever used this machine for games, I never installed iTunes on it. Now, in order to use my iPhone as a hotspot via USB, according to every source I can find, my Win10 system has to have iTunes installed before Win10 will recognize the phone as a network adapter.

It was a great thought guys, but without a direct connection to get iTunes, I can’t do the hotspot thing, and if I had a internet connection otherwise to get said iTunes, I could just get the 1.6 patch to start with. Of course when I do get the internet again, I might just install iTunes anyway in order to have the hotspot option in the future. 

Thanks again for all the help!  You guys are awesome.

BTW,

the original intent of the thread was to seek out a way of downloading the patch to my phone and then transferring the file to my pc via USB and then updating KSP that way. I have since learned that my Steam based install will not allow that kind of manipulation.

again, thanks to everyone for trying to help. I guess my reluctance to pollute my gaming machine with other things is really what is biting me right now. Live and learn I guess. 

19 hours ago, Missedtrashday said:

hen transferring the file to my pc via USB and then updating KSP that way.

Depending on how you save it to your Iphone, it might still require Itunes to do this. 

A usb wifi dongle is only a few bucks these days.  

19 hours ago, Missedtrashday said:

I guess my reluctance to pollute my gaming machine with other things is really what is biting me right now. Live and learn I guess. 

Nope, it's letting the wife run off with the dog and the internet. 

I probably could have gotten the adapter  cheaper, but the Best Buy is in the next parking lot from the hospital I work at. I chose convenience over frugality in this instance because the adapter was only $3 more than at Wal Mart, which is across town. Again, thanks for the redirect. I was thinking strictly in terms of file transfers instead of capabilities. I don’t know if I would have ever arrived at this solution on my own. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.