Bug with the new Mk2 Lander Can

So if I rightclick the Mk2 Landercan theres a window over the whole screen with only sliders with "Variant name" Then it vanishes and I can't right click other parts. Does anyone know if this is a bug of a mod or is this stock? I haven't tried it in flight now, gonna do that. Another small bug I have is, that if I go to sorting by diameter in the editor I can't change the category of the parts until I reenter the editor. If you know if this is a Mod bug please tell it then I will uninstall it.

1 minute ago, Salticus said:

So if I rightclick the Mk2 Landercan theres a window over the whole screen with only sliders with "Variant name" Then it vanishes and I can't right click other parts. Does anyone know if this is a bug of a mod or is this stock? I haven't tried it in flight now, gonna do that. Another small bug I have is, that if I go to sorting by diameter in the editor I can't change the category of the parts until I reenter the editor. If you know if this is a Mod bug please tell it then I will uninstall it.

I just posted a workaround on the same question asked by vandarren

yes I am having the issue, It only happens with the Mk.2 lander can, and mostly after you update/install a mod.  Here is the workaround that I have used successfully on two computers multiple times.  It doesn't require you to uninstall any mods, nor reinstall KSP.

On KSP go to your save game folder, pick the save you are using for your current game, go to ships folder and select the VABfolder. Delete files that have the "Craft name.loadmeta" (loadmetafile under type). Do not delete anything that have the .Craft extension. 

Example

base mini.craft Do Not Delete

Base mini.loadmeta Delete

Repeat on SPH folder

Restart KSP, since you did not delete your .craft files all your saved ships will be there and the right click on the mk2 can functionality is restored.

Note: if you know the name of the ships you used the mk2 can on you only need to delete the .loadmeta for those.

hope this helps

Merry christmas

It has happened with any new mod instaled

yes I am having the issue, It only happens with the Mk.2 lander can, and mostly after you update/install a mod.  Here is the workaround that I have used successfully on two computers multiple times.  It doesn't require you to uninstall any mods, nor reinstall KSP.

On KSP go to your save game folder, pick the save you are using for your current game, go to ships folder and select the VABfolder. Delete files that have the "Craft name.loadmeta" (loadmetafile under type). Do not delete anything that have the .Craft extension. 

Example

Repeat on SPH folder

Restart KSP, since you did not delete your .craft files all your saved ships will be there and the right click on the mk2 can functionality is restored.

Note: if you know the name of the ships you used the mk2 can on you only need to delete the .loadmeta for those.

hope this helps

Merry christmas

6 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Example

Repeat on SPH folder 

hope this helps

Merry christmas

Thanks for the fast answer. This seems much work, I will try the other thing with loading KSP to the menu and then quitting from the menu cause I have got many saves and many mod updates etc. Thanks either way:)

1 minute ago, Salticus said:

Thanks for the fast answer. This seems much work, I will try the other thing with loading KSP to the menu and then quitting from the menu cause I have got many saves and many mod updates etc. Thanks either way:)

it should take you about two minutes on windows. Do a search for all .loadmeta and delete 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.