Sign in to follow this  
MaverickSawyer

MH won't update properly (Steam download)

Just downloaded KSP 1.6.0 and it's running fine... however, Making History will NOT update properly to 1.6.0. It's hung up on the previous version. Upon launching KSP, I get a message saying the following:

Expansion Loading Failed

The following expansions failed to load:

Making History: Expansion Version [1.5.1] isn't a valid version that can be loaded! Minimum [1.6.0] Maximum [1.6.0].

['Okay' button]

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC via Steam, and it continues to give the same error. Likewise, verifying local files seems to have not succeeded in clearing the issue.

Has anyone encountered similar issues, and if so, how did you clear them?

Edited by MaverickSawyer

I would backup the entire folder to somewhere else. Then I would delete the entire steam KSP folder. Then verify local files will force it to replace everything. Then put back in the saves and mods etc.

If that doesnt work. turn off the cloud backup and try again. (cloud backup takes ages to complete in steam and steam becomes nonresponsive for a few seconds for some reason, thats why turned it off...but who knows

it could be a possibility)

I have attempted all of the above, and Steam continues to download version 1.5.1. :/ 

Same on gog.com, KSP on 1.6.1, MH stays at 1.6.0 this time