DLC and mods?

was thinking about buying the DLC last night but i have a question, how does it interact with mods? i really prefer not to play the stock game, and these mods IMHO are almost mandatory for me, would hate to get the DLC and then have to remove my mods.

modlist
KSP: 1.5.1 (Win64) - Unity: 2017.1.3p1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.6.9
Filter Extensions - 3.2.2.11
ToolbarControl - 0.1.6.18
Community Category Kit - 4.0
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DockRotate - 1.4.4.16
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.9.6863.37707
Environmental Visual Enhancements - 1.4.2.2
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.4.2
KAS - 1.0.6868.27506
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.5.4
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.15.6873.42207
<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.5.1.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.2.0.6
MechJebForAll - 1.3.0.4
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.5
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.7.3
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.3.0.4
TextureReplacer - 3.4
Waypoint Manager - 2.7.4

how does the install work? i have two copies of ksp, one that i play (1.5.1) and one thats up to date, how do i install the dlc to the 1.5.1 game?

Edit: well i bought it, but theirs no way to get an older version of it, and im not playing 1.6 yet, looks like refund time

Edited by putnamto

4 hours ago, putnamto said:

Edit: well i bought it, but theirs no way to get an older version of it, and im not playing 1.6 yet, looks like refund time

If you got in on steam, you can still get the 1.5.1 version of making history:

(I would suggest to go for a clean install)
-right click the game in your library -> properties -> BETAS -> pick 1.5.1 in the drop down menu
- install the game (incl. dlc)
-copy/move the 'SquadExpansion' folder from the GameData directory to your other copy of KSP 1.5.1

4 hours ago, putnamto said:

how does the install work? i have two copies of ksp, one that i play (1.5.1) and one thats up to date, how do i install the dlc to the 1.5.1 game?

Why not just hang onto it and use it for 1.6 when you get to it?  Or, are you currently using a lot of parts that have been changed? If not, 1.6 for the most part works a lot better than 1.5 as far as I can see and from what I have read of others' experiences so far.

1 minute ago, Klapaucius said:

Why not just hang onto it and use it for 1.6 when you get to it?  Or, are you currently using a lot of parts that have been changed? If not, 1.6 for the most part works a lot better than 1.5 as far as I can see and from what I have read of others' experiences so far.

im afraid of change, ive but alot of work into this career would hate to see it go bye bye, and no mechjeb

it wont let me load any of my save files with the dlc installed

welp, time for another refund

5 minutes ago, putnamto said:

im afraid of change, ive but alot of work into this career would hate to see it go bye bye, and no mechjeb

it wont let me load any of my save files with the dlc installed

welp, time for another refund

Before you give up completely, make a copy of your current game and stick it somewhere safe and then do an update on the game you have.  See if your career works and if not, you have the saved copy.  Concerning Mechjeb, I just did some Googling  and it looks like the update is in the works right now, so it won't be long before it is available.

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/MechJeb2-Dev/

I really like the DLC though I have never used it as intended. I love the Mission Builder as an in game hyperedit and I love having the Dessert Airfield. That alone made it worth it for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.