NERV Problems in VAB

I noticed a couple new bugs with the NERV when building in the VAB (version 1.6).  First, when I select the engine from the menu, it the model shows the exhaust plume (both before and after attaching it to a node).  Second, even when I have ample liquid fuel, the stock delta-v readout shows zero.  But once I launch, it looks like the readout works fine. 

Has anyone else run across this problem? If it matters, this is on a no-mod install with Making History.  (This install used to have mods, but I deleted them all and re-verified local files through Steam).  

ShadowZone gives six steps to solve the problem, many involving Valve's system 'Steam'.

If you don't use Steam, the same symptoms might appear on the first start after adding/removing a mod or mods,
and are solved by closing and restarting KSP.

Edited by OHara
clarify

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:18 AM, OHara said:

Outside of Steam, simply closing and restarting KSP is enough.

Hi there, same here, I'm lucky for finding this before posting my problem :-) What do you mean by "Outside of Steam"? Should I close KSP, close Steam, then restart KSP?

Many thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Benur said:

What do you mean by "Outside of Steam"?

I meant that if your KSP installation does not use Steam,
you can skip the first four steps in the 6-step process from ShadowZone that I quoted above.

I'll edit above to clarify.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.