[1.6+, 1.5+] USI Kolonization Class Suits Redux

overkill13

Kolonization Class Suits Redux

A set of suit textures for TextureReplacer to distinguish each class in stock and USI's Modular Kolonization System.

xXlIk0x.png

Does not require USI's MKS but highly recommended for the additional classes. 

Works in 1.5.x and 1.6.x.  If you want something compatible with 1.4, have a look at the original USI Kolonization Class Suits.

Special thanks go to the following modders:
GergroxMun for his Multicolor Suit Pack which forms the basis for this suit set.
Scart91 for his original class suit set and icons.
fast de la speed for his original USI Kolonization Class Suits which includes the icons for the MKS classes.

A few icons are switched, many colours changed and a couple of new/modified icons when compared to fast de la speed's suit set. The icons were also moved from the convenient centre location as I am unable to find a viable way to place them there with the new half-helmet texture wrap used in KSP 1.5.

Dependencies: 

TextureReplacer

Download on Spacedock:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2035/[TextureReplacer] USI Kolonization Class Suits Redux

License: CC BY-SA 4.0

Closer Suit Images:

Spoiler

All suits listed closest to furthest from camera (right to left)

W1p2Zzq.png

Pilot and Scout with slightly less baseball bat looking icon.  I assumed it was meant to be a sailing era spyglass and made it more distinguishable.

HCzOjWI.png

New Quartermaster icon more fitting of it's modern role and a Kolonist

75rzevq.png

Kolonist budding in here but the Scientist and Medic in view.

nk1SpWi.png

Farmer and Biologist

0BemM3r.png

Engineer and Mechanic

UvKXQyT.png

Miner, Technician and Geologist

Now with veteran suits for each class. Based on GregroxMun's orange suits with coloured helmets, now with a veteran stripe, for easy identification from the back. Jeb assures us the stripe is not just orange duct tape.

Spoiler

2Ur1Pm1.png

Edited by overkill13
Title change

Hi, I tried to download the mod from spacedock several times, but when I try to install the mod, I get the following error:

Error 0x80004005: Unspecified Error

KerbalMainGrey.png

The error occurs for several of the class suits (Engineer, Kolonist, Medic, Miner, Pilot, Scientists, Scout, Tourist).

Any idea on how I can install the mod?

2 hours ago, HawkEngineer said:

Hi, I tried to download the mod from spacedock several times, but when I try to install the mod, I get the following error:

KerbalMainGrey.png

The error occurs for several of the class suits (Engineer, Kolonist, Medic, Miner, Pilot, Scientists, Scout, Tourist).

I believe you need to have the usi mks mod installed to be able to receive all suits.

From space dock - "Does not require USI's MKS but highly recommended for the additional classes."

3 hours ago, HawkEngineer said:

KerbalMainGrey.png

12 minutes ago, DeadJoe said:

I believe you need to have the usi mks mod installed to be able to receive all suits.

From space dock - "Does not require USI's MKS but highly recommended for the additional classes."

The error @HawkEngineer was referring to was during the file open/unzipping process. This was happening to me as well, but I switched to opening the file with 7zip and it worked fine. The default windows ZIP handler would give those errors on a bunch of the KerbalMainGrey.png files as well as a couple of the white ones.

Try to manually open the zip with 7zip or winrar if you have one of those and see if you are still unable to get those files out.

30 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

The error @HawkEngineer was referring to was during the file open/unzipping process. This was happening to me as well, but I switched to opening the file with 7zip and it worked fine. The default windows ZIP handler would give those errors on a bunch of the KerbalMainGrey.png files as well as a couple of the white ones.

Try to manually open the zip with 7zip or winrar if you have one of those and see if you are still unable to get those files out.

Nice one, I thought it was because I hadn't added mks yet. 

Interesting.  I wasn't aware that Windows native zip wouldn't handle 7zip processed files properly...

At any rate all the suits should be available regardless of MKS being installed or not.  Without MKS you simply won't have the options for the extra classes within the Texture Replacer menu.  You can still manually add them to particular Kerbals, or use them in place of one of the stock classes, or just use the standard class suits and ignore the MKS classes altogether.

Edited by overkill13

20 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Interesting.  I wasn't aware that Windows native zip wouldn't handle 7zip processed files properly...

It typically works fine -- no idea why it was selectively failing on those files. Nothing to really "fix" at this point, but maybe there are some fun file attribute shenanigans?

59 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

It typically works fine -- no idea why it was selectively failing on those files. Nothing to really "fix" at this point, but maybe there are some fun file attribute shenanigans?

Guess I should have checked my zip file before uploading.  I wasn't able to make 7zip behave properly, even after creating another archive, so I used WinRAR to create a new zip and uploaded it to Spacedock.  I actually tested this one and it seems to work properly within Windows Explorer.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Errol said:

Why is the .zip for this very small mod over 200 mb?

Likely because I don't really have the time, desire or current knowledge to convert the pngs to dds.  Gregrox's texture pack is quite large using pngs as well while Gordon Fecyk's suit textures are quite small using dds.  I assume the file type is the issue.

• 4 months later...

Glad to see my mod lives on in spirit! I still play on 1.3.1 for mod compatibility (going to update soon™) and I haven't been quite up to date with KSP modding, as far as I heard TR died with 1.4. Ergo, I have pretty much left my suits in the dust. ;.;
Again, thank you for bringing them forward to the newer versions!

If you'd like, I can easily offer you tips on how optimize your pack size - just shoot me a pm!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.