Jatwaa

On 1/19/2019 at 7:38 PM, Jatwaa said:

Thank you Kottabos, I am glad I can offer back to the community in which I feel at home. Makes me thrilled that people enjoy the mod 

I have seen the same, but the issue is how it's being calculated. For now, I just ignore the feature as even KER has the same issue. Electric charge isn't really consider it seems. I don't want to modify EC too much. 

I sincerely apologize if i mislead you.  im in no way affiliated with that youtube channel im just a subscriber.  But you are very welcome i think it was amazing and great work once again.  i am actually going to look for it again to see if its out for 1.6.1 lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 11:09 PM, Magos Mechanicus said:

Yeah im trying to play with the cfg file to try and figure it out myself

My apologies, my HDD died, so I spent some time getting back up and going. I can check into this now. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, budda said:

I wonder if it would be possible to have some sort of exhust plume or emission  ?

I had a working version in testing... Then that hdd crashed. I'll check into doing it again. It's pretty easy

I wonder if it would be possible to have some sort of exhust plume or emission  ?

2 hours ago, Jatwaa said:

I had a working version in testing... Then that hdd crashed. I'll check into doing it again. It's pretty easy

cool 

• 1 month later...

I'm using the EC2 "PsyOclone" engine on a set of satellites. I'd have liked to use the EC1s, but they don't have snap points under the engine to allow for coupling. But I got the satlites into space (On a rocket using the EC6. EC6 works very well, except for it's similar lack of snap points.) only to discover after uncoupling that the EC2 can't operate in a vacuum. Is this working as intended?

M6NAdcG.png

14 hours ago, Rynslet said:

I'm using the EC2 "PsyOclone" engine on a set of satellites. I'd have liked to use the EC1s, but they don't have snap points under the engine to allow for coupling. But I got the satlites into space (On a rocket using the EC6. EC6 works very well, except for it's similar lack of snap points.) only to discover after uncoupling that the EC2 can't operate in a vacuum. Is this working as intended?

M6NAdcG.png

Heyo, this is normal for the Psyoclone. It is based on the ramjet. The Manleneto is the orbit capable solution 

6 hours ago, Jatwaa said:

Heyo, this is normal for the Psyoclone. It is based on the ramjet. The Manleneto is the orbit capable solution 

Just making sure. I switched to the MC3s for my next set of satellites, but I had to hyperedit the first set. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well a few minor points 

one it’s a sci fantasy drive but beyond that not really bothered by it,

secondly the closest anyone has gotten gotten to an actual electric drive  is the Electrodynamic tether, variations on it have been or are being tested to assist in station keeping and In proposals for de orbiting orbital Debris.

9 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Well a few minor points 

one it’s a sci fantasy drive but beyond that not really bothered by it,

secondly the closest anyone has gotten gotten to an actual electric drive  is the Electrodynamic tether, variations on it have been or are being tested to assist in station keeping and In proposals for de orbiting orbital Debris.

It's totally fictional engines not meant to bring any reality, but to offer an EC game rather than LFO

16 hours ago, arkolis said:

Love the mod! What is your idea on 1.8 support?

Also I want to make some additional engines based on these for larger vessels, would you have any problems with that?

It should work with any version of the game. I need to check the shades is all. The modules in use are all stock, so shouldn't be affected unless they change engine modules again. 

Feel free! I am about to update the mod. I haven't looked into BIGGER engines yet, I do have another mk3 engine I haven't released yet though. 

I give you my surface mounted version! (Basically they are replica's of the Trek engines) But they have multiple colors! I tried to make them look similar to the STO engines on carriers, but I made them slightly more stock-ish. Let me know what you think. Zip

If you something from a specific show modeled, let me know, Ill add it with a stock-like texture.

---Removed to focus on NX Engine---

Edited by arkolis

4 hours ago, Jatwaa said:

This looks amazing, great job! 

Thank you. I actually adjusted all my engines to roughly half your trek engines because its only one engine and not two. Finally got the right brightness and color to the emission map (though if its off tell me because Im actually slightly color blind).

Here is a screen shot, just finished up textures recently.

ksp-eng-prev2.png

Edited by arkolis

8 hours ago, arkolis said:

Modeling additional parts from different versions of Star Trek and STO.

@Jatwaa - Want me to split this off onto its own mod? or want to join forces?

We can merge if you want, I was working on the update for PURE last night (finally) and have some sound (finally) and RCS going. I still need to do a few things before next release
- remove spinny bits
- Add in color animations (once I figure the tool out lol) 

So its good timing