Solar Systems Editor

I would like to propose one wonderful project that will open up a great future for the game.

As we know, the game has a solar system Kerbol. From the very beginning of the creation of the game, we all play in it and it has bothered someone.

I would suggest the developer to create a full-fledged editor of solar systems, upon entering the game, which will be displayed as all options. At the entrance, you will be asked to create a star, and the planets and satellites with their own characteristics: (atmosphere, atmospheric pressure, atmospheric composition, diameter, mass, density, gravity, temperature, circulation period, year duration, ressources ...)

Do you agree? it would be great!

Yeah this suppose a lot of work but it will be really amazing

Now that would be something! Not that I'm not happy with the game as is. But I'm not a programmer and thus unable/not skilled/not patient enough to create planets (or systems) the way the modding community does (for which I'm ever so gratefull!).

I wonder if an option like this could be done in an update thinking about human recource/costs. But if this would come along as a DLC, I wouldn't have second thoughts buying it!

Well, it's not a true creator and editor, but you can use mods like Hyperedit to change the orbit of celestial bodies. You can't change the gravity, but you can make planets orbit moons, or turn Kerbin into a Jool moon, or make moons orbit Kerbol standalone...

I sure like moons, huh?

Oh, or you could have Dres crash into Kerbin and just have a mess.

This has been semi-suggested by me in another thread, where I asked about a planet builder. This is a scaled up version of that. I love this idea and think it would be fun to make your own solar system. 

HOWEVER! 

If you go look at my old thread, (Found here) there are a few problems with something like this. 

Also... Why is your question bigger text than everybody else's?

EDIT: Well I just realized Aziz linked my thread already soooooooo... whoops.

Edited by Duck McFuddle

I think this Idea is awesome, but I think you still should be able to just use the Kerbol system as a "default star system," for if you don't know what is going on or you just want to get playing. One thing I'd like to know, would this appear on starting the game altogether, or would it be on starting a new save. It might also be a possibility to have it as a seperate thing to standard play, a bit like the mission builder, and you could choose which saves used certain solar systems, and if you didn't make a solar system for a particular save, it would use the stock kerbol system.

On 12/28/2018 at 4:20 AM, Epicdreamer said:

I wonder if an option like this could be done in an update thinking about human recource/costs. But if this would come along as a DLC, I wouldn't have second thoughts buying it!

I would have second thoughts....... Think about the Mission Builder for a moment.

Spoiler

Absolutely everyone thought it was going to be an enhancement or fix to Career Mode...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.