[1.6] Giant Science Rocket

JTeam_

Here's a new ship I made! It's got a decent amount of Delta-V, I'd say, although I dunno if it can actually make it to Duna. The interplanetary stage doesn't have landing legs, so it's useless for actual landings on other planets anyway.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iZkm7X8b41nNxZv1GZPpvk9OJHuuDORy

I can't find the BBcode thing to embed albums into forum posts, so just take this link instead.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3Zxtp5M

For takeoff, burn at 90 percent thrust for intial Mammoth and SRB stages. When SRB flames out, eject. Use remaining Mammoth fuel to get into partial orbit, then eject on flameout. Disable Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer on atomic engine fuel tanks with the context menu. Use Mainsail to reach complete orbit, then disable it manually by using the context menu. Don't use the general purpose AG for any engine toggle tasks unless it's an emergency! Finally, enable Liquid Fuel on side engines connected to atomic engines, and use them for interstellar maneuvers.

Action Group 1: Communications

Action Group 2: Solar Panels

Action Group 3: Toggle Engines (for emergencies, doesn't affect launch stages)

-Extra Notes-

Caution. This vessel does not have strong turning power in the initial takeoff stage.

WARNING! This vessel does not have landing legs and cannot land on high gravity (Dres or above) celestial bodies and WILL likely have it's engines destroyed if attempted! Low gravity body landings should only be conducted by skilled pilots at their own risk.

Notice. Don't forget to move any crew in the laboratory back to the Mk1-3 Command Pod before ejecting it away. (We know what you did, Bill!)

Edited by JTeam_

On 1/2/2019 at 10:16 AM, Ozymandias_the_Goat said:

Are you keeping liquid fuel in the tank for the nuclear engine? Because you don’t need to, the LV-N runs on only liquid fuel.

Actually, keeping the oxidizer in the tank was a fluke, you can just remove it before flight.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.