[1.8x - 1.9.x] RemoteTech StockConfigs [v1.0.2][2020-04-21]

woeller

Cam0NnZ.gif

RemoteTech - StockConfigs

What is this?

RemoteTech - StockConfigs will add several ground stations on Kerbin that are compatible with RemoteTech. They are placed in the original places of the stock dishes and named after them.

What you will get:

Six additional groundstations as shown in the picture below. These are:

• Baikerbanur with an Omni Range of 1Mm
  • Crater Rim with an Omni Range of 30Mm
  • Harvester Massif with an Omni Range of 30Mm
  • Mesa South with an Omni Range of 30Mm
  • North Station One with an Omni Range of 30Mm
  • Nye Island with an Omni Range of 75Mm

It also provides short-range communication for all 3 launch sites added with 1.4 / Making History:

• Dessert Airfield with an Omni Range of 1Mm
  • Island Airfield with an Omni Range of 1Mm
  • Woomerang with an Omni Range of 1Mm

iPIsrbf.png

Dependencies:

RemoteTech - StockCongfigs depends on RemoteTech and ModuleManager

FAQ:

Q: I can't see any new Groundstations in an existing Game!
A: Open your existing save game. In KSC overview, click the Remote Tech button at the bottom right. Select "presets" and click on "reload" Remote Tech Starting settings.

Download:

You can download RemoteTech - StockConfigs via Spaceock, GitHub and Ckan

Licence:

RemoteTech-StockConfigs is licensed under MIT

Changelog

Spoiler

v1.0.2

-removed MiniAVC

v1.0.1

-added version check using miniAVC

v1.0.0

- initial release

Credits:

@TaxiService & @Peppie23 for RemoteTech

@sarbian & @blowfish for ModuleManager

Edited by woeller

54 minutes ago, superm18 said:

Thank you for this! I feel a bit like cheating but who cares right ;)

I go back on forth on this myself. On the one hand it makes the game easier, which generally I'm opposed to.  On the other hand, the only way this doesn't make perfect sense is if the Kerbals do not occupy the entire planet.  Which may also explain why you can collect science all over Kerbin...

I've thought about making something like this.  Thanks! 

On 12/30/2018 at 11:36 PM, SpinkAkron said:

I go back on forth on this myself. On the one hand it makes the game easier, which generally I'm opposed to.  On the other hand, the only way this doesn't make perfect sense is if the Kerbals do not occupy the entire planet.  Which may also explain why you can collect science all over Kerbin...

It's not that kerbals have occupied the entire planet, but they've definitely done something ...

0u3KG4s.jpg

Oh... and it is now available on Ckan. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i notice that remotech has a file called RemoteTech_Settings.cfg in the save folder as a PRESET called by remotetech mod Default_Settings.cfg that override your cfg file. So even if you add other stations they will be erased after the loading of the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file.

1 minute ago, woeller said:

@fr33soul I tested it again with 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6.1 without mods other than the dependencies and could not reproduce your error. All ground stations were correctly loaded in the map view and in the tracking station. Did you try to use RTStock in a new game or in an existing one?

tryed in an existing one.. that's why when RemoteTech_Settings.cfg is set, your mod can't override it.

@fr33soulThat's why I asked

Nevertheless, you can use RTStock in an existing save game. Do the following: Start KSP and open your existing save game. In the KSC overview, click the Remote Tech button at the bottom right. Select "presets" and click on "reload" Remote Tech Starting settings. Close the window and go to the tracking station to see the new ground stations. ;)

Edited by woeller

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.