Kerpollo - A Complete Science Mode Run In 9 Acts

5 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

Are planet mods allowed? Like OPM and Planet Cyran (A note: Since Cyran replaces Dres, the Drespollo could be modified a bit)

While not technically allowed, I wholeheartedly support you doing one. There's even a place for you on the winner's board, down at the bottom in the Rogue's Gallery.

Though I think the Sarnuspollo would be tricky because you have a light moon with a thick atmosphere (Tekto), a Tylo clone with slightly lower gravity (Slate), Eeloo, and 2 small Shepard moons in low orbit that are just like Gilly but lighter (Hale and Ovok).

The Neidollo would be tricky because Thatmo is in a retrograde orbit so you would likely want to arrive retrograde. But the second moon is in an erratic prograde orbit and tricky to transfer to.

Edited by Richmountain112

The hard part for me when I was doing to do it with some planet pack (I don't recall which) was that this challenge worked with the default game balance. I couldn't see a way to guarantee that it would be doable with any given planet pack, or that another planet pack wouldn't be so ridiculously easy as to be unfun.

The challenge itself is basically repeating the same thing multiple times. It doesn't get old because you're constantly getting new parts from science unlocks and all the stock planet systems are different enough to pose unique challenges. Well, except Moho/Dres/Eeloo but hey nobody's perfect :)

Edited by Superfluous J

• 6 months later...

I started this challenge.  I found it extremely difficult to get to Minimus with a wet spagetti rocket.  But, after that I had enough science for autostrut.  The Mun and Dres were easy, I know that Eeloo and Moho will be easy too.  I don't know if I will complete the challenge.  Landing on Eve and doing a Jool 5 mission in accordance with the rules is super hard.  But, I can nearly max our the tech tree before attempting those. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.