Only partial control when i switch to radially decoupled vehicle

When i decouple my cruise missile it only has partial control. I have to click the probe core and click control from here to get full control. By then it has already hit my plane and is going into a dive. Usually the probe core would be hidden in the rocket but i had to make it visible to get control over it.

Is there a mod that help me with this?

Welcome to the forums. What you are describing should be impossible -- which generally means you have a corrupted file somewhere.

Steam has been having some problems with download reliability recently. So I'd highly recommend doing a steam file validation on your game and then test again.

I have that problem with my rover-in-a-can. When I release it, I think it's controlling with an upward-facing part, probably the decoupler, which was the root part before being attached to the can. I have to right-click on the probe core for the nav-ball to control properly. It's not an urgent problem with me, since a rover just lays there and it's not hard to click on, but I can see how you don't have that luxury with a cruise missile. That's what I would try first to fix it- make the root part of your missile the probe core before putting it in the part library, and then attach it from there.

Here is how its attached to the plane.   https://imgur.com/oMsxKOV      Once it has dropped and I switch it has "full control", but I only have roll and no pitch or yaw. For me to have full control of it i need to click the probe and click control from here. I can also turn on the engine right after it drops.

I cant make the probe the root part because i cant attach it radially. Ultimately I don't want the probe core visible at all

I just tested while typing this. I put elevators and a rudder on some boosters that are radially attached to a rocket and the exact same thing happened.

So im guessing this is a bug that probably has been fixed in a later version. Im on 1.3.1 because probably half my mods wouldn't work on the new version.

7 hours ago, ZedsDeaddd said:

I cant make the probe the root part because i cant attach it radially. Ultimately I don't want the probe core visible at all

Well, he meant to make it the root part of the missile subassembly, and you actually can do it -- but it's a bit tricky. It doesn't need to be visible to make it the root.

And it's still a question that we can't figure out the answer to: if the probe core is not the "control from here" part on the missile when you decouple, then what is the controlling part? Because clicking "Control from here" does nothing, AFAIK, if that part is already controlling the craft.

But yes, since you clearly are running a heavily modded game, that's gonna make it a lot harder for anyone else to do any tests or make any suggestions. But even in version 1.3.1 I've never seen 2 control dimensions just stop working.

It does work when i connect the probe of the missile via the nodes of 2 hidden Hex Multi Point Station Adapters in the plane and missile. But i want to put mine under the wings and the only way you can do that is radially. I should note that my missile does not have a gimballed engine so all the control authority comes from control surfaces. If the engine was gimballed i would have full yaw pitch and roll over the engine but no pitch or yaw with the control surfaces, I have tested this. 

So theres 3 possibilites

1 This is a bug and i need a newer version,

2 Its one of my mods making this happen

3 I connect it via nodes from the plane and use the move tool and move the missile under the wing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.