Bartby is lost around the sun

XBOX-KERBAL1

So while I was trying to get bartby to the Mun I messed up the nodes and ended up with poor bartby orbiting the sun by accident and I’ve only been play for two weeks!

At least bartby got to see the Mun.

We will remember you bartby.

is this an achievement or failure?

28 minutes ago, XBOX-KERBAL1 said:

So while I was trying to get bartby to the Mun I messed up the nodes and ended up with poor bartby orbiting the sun by accident and I’ve only been play for two weeks!

It's a failment. And a common mistake. :D 

Just now, Vanamonde said:

It's a failment. And a common mistake. :D 

Well yes it’s a fail to get to the Mun

but isn’t it amazing that I’ve only played for two weeks and managed to get to the sun by mistake!

oh and just recently I tested the mammoth engine and the results were staggering al it was, was one of largest tanks kerodene had, 1 mammoth engine and a unmanned controller. This is what happen so in the last parts of the atmosphere it run out of full and it had an escape trajectory out of Kerbin then after it escaped Kerbin, IT SAID IT HAD AN ESCAPE TRAJECTORY OUT OF THE SUN!!!

5 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

It's only a failure if you didn't learn anything.

Are you wanting to go get him?

No because it was by accident so I don’t know how to approach him and his rocket doesn’t have any docking port since he was in the munspulorer

26 minutes ago, XBOX-KERBAL1 said:

but isn’t it amazing that I’ve only played for two weeks and managed to get to the sun by mistake!

oh and just recently I tested the mammoth engine and the results were staggering al it was, was one of largest tanks kerodene had, 1 mammoth engine and a unmanned controller. This is what happen so in the last parts of the atmosphere it run out of full and it had an escape trajectory out of Kerbin then after it escaped Kerbin, IT SAID IT HAD AN ESCAPE TRAJECTORY OUT OF THE SUN!!!

No because it was by accident so I don’t know how to approach him and his rocket doesn’t have any docking port since he was in the munspulorer

You don't need a docking port if he can EVA.

Well, as you know exactly where he is he is not 'lost' as such.  Call it an 'Impromptu - Extended Research Mission'.

Then once you get the hang of rendezvous, and are in the mood for a challenge, have a go at sending a ship to bring him home.  There is no Life Support in stock (yet) so he will be good for years in game time.

Oh. And a big welcome to the community.

16 hours ago, XBOX-KERBAL1 said:

Welcome to the community!

Don't worry - Bartby can photosynthesize so he'll be safe way out there until you choose to go get him. By the time you have the tech to do so, you should know how to plot a recovery mission.

Some of the most fun missions in KSP are followups to screwups - at least mine are. :D

Cheers!

5 hours ago, pandaman said:

Well, as you know exactly where he is he is not 'lost' as such.  Call it an 'Impromptu - Extended Research Mission'.

Then once you get the hang of rendezvous, and are in the mood for a challenge, have a go at sending a ship to bring him home.  There is no Life Support in stock (yet) so he will be good for years in game time.

Oh. And a big welcome to the community.

Thanks and yeah I might get him one day.

when I know how to rendezvous and the TUTORIALS AREN’T BROKEN.

But that aside can things actually escape the sun?

Just now, XBOX-KERBAL1 said:

Thanks and yeah I might get him one day.

when I know how to rendezvous and the TUTORIALS AREN’T BROKEN.

But that aside can things actually escape the sun?

Yes, I believe things can escape the Sun, not tried it myself though.  But don't worry,  Bartby will stay in a stable orbit.

Learning rendezvous and docking is well worth the time and practice it takes, it opens so many more mission options.  If the tutorials aren't working for you check out YouTube, there are loads on there.  Most will be done on older KSP versions, but the lessons will apply just the same.   I would highly recommend Scott Manley, he explains stuff pretty well. 

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

Yes, I believe things can escape the Sun, not tried it myself though.  But don't worry,  Bartby will stay in a stable orbit.

Learning rendezvous and docking is well worth the time and practice it takes, it opens so many more mission options.  If the tutorials aren't working for you check out YouTube, there are loads on there.  Most will be done on older KSP versions, but the lessons will apply just the same.   I would highly recommend Scott Manley, he explains stuff pretty well. 

Well I have three probes with their status as escaping the sun. All I did was whack on a mammoth engine, big fuel tank and a RCU. And flown it at full throttle just going straight up.

Yes there are many tutorials on YouTube except the fact that many of them are for PC. And I’m playing on Xbox one because my PC’s intergrated graphics card is dying:unsure: and it has 4GB of RAM.

15 minutes ago, XBOX-KERBAL1 said:

Well I have three probes with their status as escaping the sun. All I did was whack on a mammoth engine, big fuel tank and a RCU. And flown it at full throttle just going straight up.

Yes there are many tutorials on YouTube except the fact that many of them are for PC. And I’m playing on Xbox one because my PC’s intergrated graphics card is dying:unsure: and it has 4GB of RAM.

Whatever device you are playing on the basic techniques are the same, all that changes are the specific controls you may be using.  So the tutorials, even those for old PC versions, will tell you what you need to do and how to do it, just not which buttons to press.

And when it comes to learning to rendezvous, be patient, gently is the way.  It's not difficult in principle, but it can be hard to get right.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:32 AM, XBOX-KERBAL1 said:

Don't feel to bad, the first probes to the Moon also ended up in solar orbit. That is the ones who was not launch fails. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lunar_probes

On 12/31/2018 at 2:55 AM, XBOX-KERBAL1 said:

Well, if you wanted him dead then I would say achievement.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, GRS said:

Is it possible to play your thing in PC ??? (If yes, can i get him for you ???)

I don't think console saves are compatible with the PC version. Even if they were, you couldn't access the game files to find the save on console.

Ok...here are some "to do"-s, first, escape Kerbin (just barely), then wait till you got minimal intersection (you don't want high relative velocities to kill), then just do normal Rendezvous.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.