[KSP 1.8 - 1.12+] - Probes Before Crew [PBC] Version 2.93

_Zee

55 minutes ago, lordcirth said:

I notice that the LV-T15 Valiant from Missing History is after the LV-45 which is generally superior.

Is it? The LV-T15 will provide more dV for the same amount of fuel since it got just half the mass of the LV-T45, even though the ISP is slightly lower. So, if you don't need the higher thrust from the LV-T45, the LV-T15 is actually the better choice.

The T45 is the more powerful, less efficient, heavier engine. IE, a first stage engine.
The T15 is the less powerful, more efficient, lighter engine. IE, the upper stage engine.

It checks out for me that the T15 should come second. Additionally the current configuration layers the T15 into the same node as the T30, which is a more efficient (T45) first stage at the cost of no gimbal.

1 minute ago, Tonka Crash said:

I thought the LV-T15 and LV-T45  were backwards too. I've always considered the LV-T15 as a subscale predecessor for the LV-T30 and LV-T45

Unlike the Reliant, the Valiant has a gimbal. And once you've unlocked the Kodiak, the Swivel should never be used again. In atmosphere the Kodiak produces more thrust at better efficiency for less mass than the Swivel, and in vacuum you can always do better than the Swivel with a Reliant, a Kodiak, 3 Terriers, 2 Cheetahs, a Dart, a Skiff, or a Poodle, depending on what precisely you're trying to do. The Swivel is a starter engine.

21 minutes ago, MrSystems said:

Unlike the Reliant, the Valiant has a gimbal. And once you've unlocked the Kodiak, the Swivel should never be used again. In atmosphere the Kodiak produces more thrust at better efficiency for less mass than the Swivel, and in vacuum you can always do better than the Swivel with a Reliant, a Kodiak, 3 Terriers, 2 Cheetahs, a Dart, a Skiff, or a Poodle, depending on what precisely you're trying to do. The Swivel is a starter engine.

How is your post relevant to the discussion about the unlock order of the Swivel and Valiant in the PBC tech tree?

I'm not in front of my computer to quote exact stats, but my point was the Valiant is about a half scale Swivel or Reliant and should probably swap places with the Swivel in this mods tech tree.

The Valiant and Reliant are similar tech levels where the Reliant trades the gimble for a little better thrust. If I remember correctly the Kodiak is also gimbleless and until 1.6 was a performance clone of the Reliant and useful mainly for a better cosmetic fit on a 1.875m stack.

6 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

How is your post relevant to the discussion about the unlock order of the Swivel and Valiant in the PBC tech tree?

I'm not in front of my computer to quote exact stats, but my point was the Valiant is about a half scale Swivel or Reliant and should probably swap places with the Swivel in this mods tech tree.

The Valiant and Reliant are similar tech levels where the Reliant trades the gimble for a little better thrust. If I remember correctly the Kodiak is also gimbleless and until 1.6 was a performance clone of the Reliant and useful mainly for a better cosmetic fit on a 1.875m stack.

I thought it was relevant on the theory that parts that become useless when other parts are unlocked belong early in the tech tree while parts that remain useful after everything is unlocked belong later in the tech tree. Unlock everything and you'll still find uses for the Valiant.

Also, often it's harder to make a thing small than it is to make a thing in the first place. Basic Rocketry gives you the Swivel; General Rocketry gives you a more-efficient non-swiveling Swivel (the Reliant) plus a smaller swiveling Swivel (the Valiant). Makes sense to me.

PBC does not move any engines in the tech tree at present, so perhaps this discussion is more relevant to Missing History.

21 minutes ago, MrSystems said:

PBC does not move any engines in the tech tree at present, so perhaps this discussion is more relevant to Missing History.

My mistake. It doesn't move any stock engines, but it does move the J10 and the RK-7 from Making History.

7 minutes ago, MrSystems said:

My mistake. It doesn't move any stock engines, but it does move the J10 and the RK-7 from Making History.

Just for the sake of accuracy, my mod also moves the stock KS-25 Vector. But to your point, yes, nearly all of the stock engine placements are unchanged and that's definitely intentional.

Hey _Zee, 

just discovered your mod, and it's amazing. Just started a new career and it's almost like playing KSP for the first time. I have some suggestions for early techs already:

- thing very important for me as a Real Fuels user: in RF liquid fuel engines are subject to ullage, which means that in zero gravity environment they need a little push before they can be started. I usually use RCS thrusters for this. In my recent game I got stuck, because all RCS thrusters are T6 tech, way beyond my reach, so I can't progress beyond stable orbit mission. RF users will need at least linear RCS thruster as soon as Coxwain engine. 

- I'd switch 0.6m and 1.25m kOS cores. 0.6m core is smaller and lighter than 1.25m and makes it virtually obsolete from the beginning. I think 1.25m is available first in kOS for a reason - it's supposed to represent older, bigger and heavier electronics. I guess your idea was to allow players to use it with smaller rockets first, but early suborbital missions are so simple that they don't really require automation. kOS cores become useful in orbital missions, for which 1.25 engines are a must anyway (at least with stock parts). 

1 hour ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Hey _Zee, 

just discovered your mod, and it's amazing. Just started a new career and it's almost like playing KSP for the first time. I have some suggestions for early techs already:

- thing very important for me as a Real Fuels user: in RF liquid fuel engines are subject to ullage, which means that in zero gravity environment they need a little push before they can be started. I usually use RCS thrusters for this. In my recent game I got stuck, because all RCS thrusters are T6 tech, way beyond my reach, so I can't progress beyond stable orbit mission. RF users will need at least linear RCS thruster as soon as Coxwain engine. 

- I'd switch 0.6m and 1.25m kOS cores. 0.6m core is smaller and lighter than 1.25m and makes it virtually obsolete from the beginning. I think 1.25m is available first in kOS for a reason - it's supposed to represent older, bigger and heavier electronics. I guess your idea was to allow players to use it with smaller rockets first, but early suborbital missions are so simple that they don't really require automation. kOS cores become useful in orbital missions, for which 1.25 engines are a must anyway (at least with stock parts). 

For low-tech ullage, I think sepratrons make more sense than RCS.

1 hour ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Hey _Zee, 

What version of PBC are you using? The first stock rcs blocks appear at T5 not T6. Anyway I took a look and I'm okay with moving the single nozzle rcs ports into T4.
Hopefully that's good enough to help, RCS can't show up any sooner than this. Real Fuels doesn't provide some kind of early ullage motor parts or something??

I don't use kOS so I appreciate feedback on it. It was my understanding that the 0.6m part is slower/capable of fewer commands?

58 minutes ago, _Zee said:

What version of PBC are you using? The first stock rcs blocks appear at T5 not T6. Anyway I took a look and I'm okay with moving the single nozzle rcs ports into T4.
Hopefully that's good enough to help, RCS can't show up any sooner than this. Real Fuels doesn't provide some kind of early ullage motor parts or something??

I don't use kOS so I appreciate feedback on it. It was my understanding that the 0.6m part is slower/capable of fewer commands?

All kOS CPUs run at the same speed.  You can actually adjust the speed in the settings, as it's more a matter of CPU usage than balance. The 0.625m part has half the storage of the 1.25m part, (5kb vs 10kb), but storage has never actually been a limitation for me, and you can just pay extra money to increase the storage anyway.

So, since we are starting with 0.625m probe payloads, it probably makes sense for the 0.625m part to come first.

17 hours ago, MrSystems said:

Note that the Kodiak is only in Making History, which not everyone has.

1 hour ago, lordcirth said:

For low-tech ullage, I think sepratrons make more sense than RCS.

Separatrons, as all solid fuel engines in RF, have only one ignition, while Coxwain has 4, not to mention later orbital engines, which have 24. So I don't think separatrons will do. 

What version of PBC are you using? The first stock rcs blocks appear at T5 not T6.

My bad, it's T5 indeed. And I just noticed I do have a linear RCS at T4 thanks to RLA mod. But I'm still a bit stuck anyway. I'm short of 30 Science to unlock it, I milked all the science possible with thermometer, goo, geiger counter and pressure sensor and the next contract requires me to get to a stable orbit and then recover the vessel. Without RCS it's kinda hard to ignite the second stage for orbital insertion and then again to deorbit the ship. 

Real Fuels doesn't provide some kind of early ullage motor parts or something??

Nope. And unless I miss something I'd say this mod is unplayable without RSC for reasons I explained in my answer to u/lordcirth (unless one uses reaction wheels to rotate the ship every time before ignition, which looks kinda silly and may not be even possible with Mandatory RCS mod).

9 minutes ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

while Coxwain has 4
/snip

I have no idea what the Coxwain is or what mod it comes from.

9 minutes ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

/snip
I'm short of 30 Science to unlock it

What is your science slider set to? You mentioned you already have a viable RCS port in the T4 node, but you don't have enough science to unlock it. I don't know of any RCS blocks that would typically show up any sooner than T4, stock or modded. So it sounds like your science slider is too low.

Also, just to be clear, PBC has not yet declared support for Real Fuels, so until I get time to look at it more closely, you may be right and it could simply be incompatible for now.

Edited by _Zee

22 minutes ago, _Zee said:

I have no idea what the Coxwain is or what mod it comes from.

Sorry, it comes with Real Fuels (and it Coxswain, I misspelled it). I thought it's stock. 

24 minutes ago, _Zee said:

What is your science slider set to?

I play on hard, so probably lower than usual, so yeah, maybe that's what I asked for. Anyway, that's just an opinion of someone who uses Real Fuels and will use your mod from now on. First RCS available at T4 becomes a challenge on Hard difficulty and I'll probably move it a bit lower to T3. 

BTW, I dunno if the only reason RCS thrusters come so late in stock is that they are not really necessary until you research a docking port or upgrade the Astronaut Complex (which allows for rescue missions). I don't think they would make the game any easier at lower tiers for someone who plays with stock reaction wheels settings.  

6 minutes ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

I play on hard
/snip

Do you mean that you simply pressed the "Hard" button in the new game setup? If you did then your Career is probably already doomed.
This button sets Science to 60%, Funds to 60%, and Building Costs to 200%.

PBC's Sanctioned "Hard Mode" sets Science to 70%, Funds to 80%, and Building Costs to 150%.

Settings any harder than these will likely be impossible. But this information is all in the OP which you read so you already knew all this. ;)

On 1/26/2019 at 5:06 AM, Zuthal said:

One question that is kinda tangential to this mod: Does anyone here know of a mod that works for 1.6.1 that adds small-diameter SRBs and probe parts that would go into the starting tech node? Because starting out with a Flea and a Stayputnik just feels kinda ehhhh to me, from a realism POV.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:06 AM, Tonka Crash said:

USI Sounding Rockets is a perfect fit. Also look for a Sounding Rockets contract pack.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:03 PM, EchoLima said:

RLA Reborn has small SRBs, as well as additional .625m lfo tanks.

Also see SETI Probe Parts.

I know I'm a little behind the curve here, but I have to give a strong recommendation to Taerobee, which has beautiful versions of the A4 and Aerobee rockets by the maker of Tantares.

It hasn't been updated in a few years, so the mass fractions for the fuel tanks is slightly off, but that is easily fixed with a modulemanager patch.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:17 PM, _Zee said:

PBC's Sanctioned "Hard Mode" sets Science to 70%, Funds to 80%, and Building Costs to 150%.

Settings any harder than these will likely be impossible.

Challenge accepted :D
I've set science and funds rewards to 50% and just made it into orbit :) You need to be creative on the first vessels but I don't think it is impossible^^

I've also noticed a few things: The MK1 parachute (parachuteSingle) and the Modular Girder Segment (trussPiece1x) don't have any entry costs. Both parts are in the start node in a stock techtree, so they don't have any entry costs by default.

Also, as far as I can tell, all the hidden parts are not moved to other tech nodes, so if you use the advanced mode in the editor, the MK1 Pod will be still available right from the start.

3 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Challenge accepted :D
I've set science and funds rewards to 50% and just made it into orbit :) You need to be creative on the first vessels but I don't think it is impossible^^

I've also noticed a few things: The MK1 parachute (parachuteSingle) and the Modular Girder Segment (trussPiece1x) don't have any entry costs. Both parts are in the start node in a stock techtree, so they don't have any entry costs by default.

Also, as far as I can tell, all the hidden parts are not moved to other tech nodes, so if you use the advanced mode in the editor, the MK1 Pod will be still available right from the start.

VERY interested to know how that 50% career works out for you. Getting a testimonial as to how viable those settings really are would be awesome. :D

I don't even know what advanced mode in the editor is. :D My mod does not cover pre 1.6 variants, adding them back in is "at your own risk".

And thank you for reporting the 2 parts, fix will be in the next release!

Edited by _Zee

7 minutes ago, _Zee said:

I don't even know what advanced mode in the editor is. :D My mod does not cover pre 1.6 variants, adding them back in is "at your own risk".

You don't know the advanced mode? :0.0:

There is a little 'arrow' in the upper left corner (basically 3 stripes and a triangle) to enter the advanced mode. This mode provides a lot of different part filters like cross section profiles, sizes, resources...you can also create custom filter and probablly most important: you find the subassembly section there.

The advanced mode also shows hidden parts (in the config file, these parts haven the entry 'TechHidden = True'). By hiding instead of removing parts, SQUAD keeps compatibility between 'old' vessels in new KSP versions. So even though the MK1 Pod got revamped in 1.6., the old MK1 Pod is still loaded into the game and available in the advanced mode as soon as the required tech node got researched and since the MK1 Pod is originally placed in the 'start' node, it is available right at the start.
So this is not about parts which are added back on my side...they are never removed from the game ;)

If you don't want to cover these parts, that's fine but I don't want them to be available so I'll write a patch for these parts and if you want, you can add it to your mod as well but that's your decision ;)

21 minutes ago, _Zee said:

VERY interested to know how that 50% career works out for you. Getting a testimonial as to how viable those settings really are would be awesome. :D

Me too xD
Had to build crazy stuff like this rotating probe to reach some biomes around the KSC to get more science.

Spoiler

BGqfEP0.png

The high crash tolerance of the truss allows this vessel to crash down with <80m/s and still survive. After several attempts to use an almost empty Flea booster to perform a suicide burn, I've added some angled fins to spin the whole craft  for stability and the increased drag slowed it down just enough. You still need some luck during the ascent and in which direction the rocket will fly xD

So far, I can still fail since I've disabled the additional groundstations, enabled the signal requirement to have control of probes and haven't unlocked the first relay antenna yet. WIthout at least 2 relays in space, it's still tricky to actually DO anything up there and not just float around until the KSC is back in sight :o

Oh you mean the "extended filter". Lol I know about that, I just called it something different in my head. :P 
I didn't know about the techhidden parts showing in it though. Ya it doesn't personally bother me enough to take the time to write a patch. I never use that mode, but if you wanted to make one and felt like sharing it I wouldn't mind including it.

Hahahaha that monstrosity is amazing. Hey maybe you'll be the first of a select few who attempt to play my mod in "Impossible Mode" (50%-50%)! :D Sounds like the perfect name, and the perfect way to warn slackers who aren't paying attention not to use those settings with my mod willy nilly. 

14 hours ago, _Zee said:

I didn't know about the techhidden parts showing in it though. Ya it doesn't personally bother me enough to take the time to write a patch. I never use that mode, but if you wanted to make one and felt like sharing it I wouldn't mind including it.

Done :)

A few design decisions for this patch:

1) I don't want to update the patch everytime a part got moved so the old version of a part will always automatically placed in the same node like the corresponding new part.
2) Because of 1) and since I don't know what will happen in the future to some parts which are not placed in different nodes by now, the patch adresses every part which is flagged as 'hidden' regardless the actual position.
3) The comment is build in a pattern: //(title_of_old_part) equivalent to name_of_new_part
If any additional changes like 'cost' adjustments are made for the mod, you can easily search for the part name and if a part appears in game which isn't supposed to be there, you can search for the titel and fix the patch.

So here is the patch:

//(Protective Rocket Nose Cone Mk7) equivalent to rocketNoseCone_v2 
@PART[rocketNoseCone]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[rocketNoseCone_v2]/TechRequired$
}

//(Mk1-2 Command Pod) equivalent to mk1-3pod 
@PART[Mark1-2Pod]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[mk1-3pod]/TechRequired$
	@cost = #$@PART[mk1-3pod]/cost$
	@RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]
	{
		@amount = #$@PART[mk1-3pod]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/amount$
		@maxAmount = #$@PART[mk1-3pod]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$
	}
}

//(Mk1 Command Pod) equivalent to mk1pod_v2
@PART[mk1pod]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[mk1pod_v2]/TechRequired$
	@cost = #$@PART[mk1pod_v2]/cost$
	{
		@amount = #$@PART[mk1pod_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/amount$
		@maxAmount = #$@PART[mk1pod_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$
	}
}

//(Mk2 Lander Can) equivalent to mk2LanderCabin_v2
@PART[mk2LanderCabin]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[mk2LanderCabin_v2]/TechRequired$
	@cost = #$@PART[mk2LanderCabin_v2]/cost$
	{
		@amount = #$@PART[mk2LanderCabin_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/amount$
		@maxAmount = #$@PART[mk2LanderCabin_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$
	}
}

//(Probodobodyne HECS) equivalent to probeCoreHex_v2
@PART[probeCoreHex]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[probeCoreHex_v2]/TechRequired$
	{
		@amount = #$@PART[probeCoreHex_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/amount$
		@maxAmount = #$@PART[probeCoreHex_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$
	}
}

//(Probodobodyne OKTO) equivalent to probeCoreOcto_v2
@PART[probeCoreOcto]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[probeCoreOcto_v2]/TechRequired$
	{
		@amount = #$@PART[probeCoreOcto_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/amount$
		@maxAmount = #$@PART[probeCoreOcto_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$
	}
}

//(Probodobodyne OKTO2) equivalent to probeCoreOcto2_v2
@PART[probeCoreOcto2]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[probeCoreOcto2_v2]/TechRequired$
	{
		@amount = #$@PART[probeCoreOcto2_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/amount$
		@maxAmount = #$@PART[probeCoreOcto2_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$
	}
}

//(Probodobodyne RoveMate) equivalent to roverBody_v2
@PART[roverBody]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[roverBody_v2]/TechRequired$
	{
		@amount = #$@PART[roverBody_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/amount$
		@maxAmount = #$@PART[roverBody_v2]/RESOURCE[ElectricCharge]/maxAmount$
	}
}

//(Probodobodyne Stayputnik) equivalent to probeCoreSphere_v2
@PART[probeCoreSphere]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[probeCoreSphere_v2]/TechRequired$
	%MODULE[ModuleSAS] {}
}

//(48-7S "Spark" Liquid Fuel Engine) equivalent to liquidEngineMini_v2
@PART[liquidEngineMini]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[liquidEngineMini_v2]/TechRequired$
}

//(LV-909 "Terrier" Liquid Fuel Engine) equivalent to liquidEngine3_v2
@PART[liquidEngine3]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[liquidEngine3_v2]/TechRequired$
}

//(RE-L10 "Poodle" Liquid Fuel Engine) equivalent to liquidEngine2-2_v2
@PART[liquidEngine2-2]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[liquidEngine2-2_v2]/TechRequired$
}

//(RT-5 "Flea" Solid Fuel Booster) equivalent to solidBooster_sm_v2
@PART[solidBooster_sm]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[solidBooster_sm_v2]/TechRequired$
}

//(RT-10 "Hammer" Solid Fuel Booster) equivalent to solidBooster_v2
@PART[solidBooster]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[solidBooster_v2]/TechRequired$
}

//(Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank) equivalent to Rockomax64_BW
@PART[fuelTank3-2]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Rockomax64_BW]/TechRequired$
}

//(ROUND-8 Toroidal Fuel Tank) equivalent to externalTankToroid
@PART[toroidalFuelTank]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[externalTankToroid]/TechRequired$
}

//(Rockomax X200-8 Fuel Tank) equivalent to Rockomax8BW
@PART[fuelTank4-2]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Rockomax8BW]/TechRequired$
}

//(Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank) equivalent to Rockomax16_BW
@PART[fuelTank2-2]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Rockomax16_BW]/TechRequired$
}

//(Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tank) equivalent to Rockomax32_BW
@PART[fuelTank1-2]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Rockomax32_BW]/TechRequired$
}

//(TR-38-D) equivalent to Decoupler_3
@PART[size3Decoupler]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Decoupler_3]/TechRequired$
}

//(Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3) equivalent to Size3To2Adapter_v2
@PART[Size3to2Adapter]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Size3To2Adapter_v2]/TechRequired$
}

//(TR-2C Stack Separator) equivalent to Separator_0
@PART[stackSeparatorMini]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Separator_0]/TechRequired$
}

//(TR-18D Stack Separator) equivalent to Separator_1
@PART[stackSeparator]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Separator_1]/TechRequired$
}

//(TR-XL Stack Separator) equivalent to Separator_2
@PART[stackSeparatorBig]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Separator_2]/TechRequired$
}

//(Rockomax Brand Decoupler) equivalent to Decoupler_2
@PART[decoupler1-2]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Decoupler_2]/TechRequired$
}

//(TR-2V Stack Decoupler) equivalent to Decoupler_0
@PART[stackDecouplerMini]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Decoupler_0]/TechRequired$
}

//(TR-18A Stack Decoupler) equivalent to Decoupler_1
@PART[stackDecoupler]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[Decoupler_1]/TechRequired$
}

//(TVR-200 Stack Bi-Coupler) equivalent to stackBiCoupler_v2
@PART[stackBiCoupler]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[stackBiCoupler_v2]/TechRequired$
}

//(TVR-1180C Mk1 Stack Tri-Coupler) equivalent to stackTriCoupler_v2
@PART[stackTriCoupler]:AFTER[ProbesBeforeCrew]
{
	@TechRequired = #$@PART[stackTriCoupler_v2]/TechRequired$
}

Or if you prefer a download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyynd2m6udk49s2/[PbC]Adjust_depricated_parts.cfg?dl=0

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

19 hours ago, _Zee said:

And thank you for reporting the 2 parts, fix will be in the next release!

I have a couple of science modes with your mod on them. One is at 50% but also includes mods like DMagic and ProbesPlus! so I do have a few extra experiments, it was a bit grindy at first but doable, and once you send stuff interplanetary it balances out nicely. I can't speak on Career mode as I always found it to be a bit tedious because of the contract system.

Edit:: Derp, you specifically mentioned career mode.............

Edited by Jesse-Lacey