_Zee

[KSP 1.7.0] - Probes Before Crew [PBC] Version 2.7

Recommended Posts

On 2/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Both mods are already on the list to vote for ;)

 

 Looks like #VALUE is gonna take it again lol. Go ProbesPlus! I've been hoping for support for it for awhile, the nice thing is that _Zee shouldn't have to move very much with it, a lot of the parts feel like they're in good nodes already. I think the main thing will be tweaking things like the science experiment placement and values for the alternate skins it provides for both the vanilla experiments and DMagic Orbital Science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I ran into 2 bugs. The first is it wasn't correctly tracking how many landings on Duna I had, and the second is that it didn't recognize when I entered Eve's SOI.

As such I had to modify my save file (persistent.sfs) in the following section as follows:

SCENARIO
    {
        name = PersistentDataStore
        scene = 7, 8, 5
        DATA
        {
            MoonsCounter = Double:4
            DunaVisit = Double:1
            EvnaLanded = Double:2
            EveVisit = Double:1
        }

I had to add the  "EveVisit = Double:1" parameter and change the  "EvnaLanded = Double:2" parameter from a 1 to 2. Now I can accept those other contracts just fine.

Just wanted to post this here in case anyone else is having the same problem.


EDIT: I am currently running the latest version of the mod/KSP. I started on the version of the mod that auto-accepted contracts (just before it was disabled), so maybe switching between that version and the newest caused the issue?

Edited by MechBFP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KOCMOKOT said:

CKAN incompatible now. Why ?

A quick peek into the 'Relationships' tab of CKAN answers the question:

Spoiler

QmGNGn4.png

Celestial Body Science Editor was added recently as a dependency for PbC but it is not updated to 1.6 yet and maybe, there will not be an update in the future since it works perfectly fine in 1.6.

But don't worry, CKAN got your back here. All you have to do is to set KSP 1.5 as a compatible game version. To do so, click on 'Settings' -> 'Compatible KSP Versions' and mark 1.5 to be compatible in the shown list. Apply the changes and it should work just fine again :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

A quick peek into the 'Relationships' tab of CKAN answers the question:

  Reveal hidden contents

QmGNGn4.png

Celestial Body Science Editor was added recently as a dependency for PbC but it is not updated to 1.6 yet and maybe, there will not be an update in the future since it works perfectly fine in 1.6.

But don't worry, CKAN got your back here. All you have to do is to set KSP 1.5 as a compatible game version. To do so, click on 'Settings' -> 'Compatible KSP Versions' and mark 1.5 to be compatible in the shown list. Apply the changes and it should work just fine again :)

Thx you very much mister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, KOCMOKOT said:

USI Life Support or Kerbalism ? Can i install both ?

You could disable the life support features of Kerbalism to just get the science changes - but I don't know why you would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@4x4cheesecake and @lordcirth you two are like the support deputies on this thread. :sticktongue: Thanks for helping out faster than I could!


@KOCMOKOT I would recommend picking one life support mod and using only it. While you can technically find ways to get them all working together, if you're not an experienced modder its gonna be way more trouble than its worth. TAC LS is my personal choice until Kerbalism gets some more time to shake out the stutter bug.

@MechBFP Are you positive your vessel was marked as a probe and not a relay or other? When you updated PBC in the middle of your save, did you remember to refresh contracts with Alt-F12? Those are the first two things that come to mind. If you know how to edit the save file though you should be squared away, no other contracts check for multiple conditional variables after Duna and Eve. 'EvnaLanded=2' is the last big one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@_Zee nope, I did not refresh the contracts. I didn’t see that mentioned anywhere on the main post as being required. It is possible my ship was marked as a relay. I didn’t think that mattered for meeting the requirement for the “enter eves SOI” though, as that isn’t mentioned in the locked achievements text. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MechBFP said:

@_Zee nope, I did not refresh the contracts. I didn’t see that mentioned anywhere on the main post as being required. It is possible my ship was marked as a relay. I didn’t think that mattered for meeting the requirement for the “enter eves SOI” though, as that isn’t mentioned in the locked achievements text. 

Ya there have been many discussions in the past about the vessel needing to be marked as probe. (Not that I'm upset with you or anything). It got brought up enough that I introduced a note thats really hard to miss attached to the parameters of each contract reminding to mark as probe and not relay, rover, etc. But even if you updated your PBC install, the contracts in your running save wouldn't reflect these new notes unless you refreshed your contracts in your save (which is done with alt+F12). Its just a function of how the contracts and Contract Configurator work that we just kind of have to deal with.

Edited by _Zee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@_Zee Oh I got those new notes. I understand it makes sense for the contracts due to limitations in contract configurator, but the locked achievement text should say the same thing if those have to be a probe as well to unlock the next layers of contracts. Perhaps for the landing one I needed to land 2 probes on Duna. I didn’t do that because I could land a crewed ship on it instead and had no need for another probe to land on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 7:02 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Celestial Body Science Editor was added recently as a dependency for PbC but it is not updated to 1.6 yet and maybe, there will not be an update in the future since it works perfectly fine in 1.6.

Updated on Space Dock, I also updated the remote copies of a bunch of .version files, so they should show as compatible in CKAN soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Updated on Space Dock, I also updated the remote copies of a bunch of .version files, so they should show as compatible in CKAN soon.

What a nice way to be proven wrong :)

Thanks for the update :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 4x4cheesecake said:

What a nice way to be proven wrong :)

Thanks for the update :)

Well, not actually updated, just marked as compatible with KSP 1.6.1. At some point CKAN is going to need to change its default behavior to better handle the rapid KSP release schedule and lack of need for mod updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MechBFP said:

@_Zee Oh I got those new notes. I understand it makes sense for the contracts due to limitations in contract configurator, but the locked achievement text should say the same thing if those have to be a probe as well to unlock the next layers of contracts. Perhaps for the landing one I needed to land 2 probes on Duna. I didn’t do that because I could land a crewed ship on it instead and had no need for another probe to land on it. 

I think I'm going to need screenshots... I'm not sure what you're asking for here. All the contracts have a suffix on them that says (Probe) or (Crew). All the (Probe) contracts also have the very first parameter set to "Required: Probe". The fact that you need to land on Duna or Eve twice before getting the remaining contracts is explained in the giant graphic under PBC Contracts on my front page. I'm not sure how it could be any more clear?

@DMagic Thank you mate, I was worried I might have to start telling people CKAN is a no-go.

Edited by _Zee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _Zee said:

I think I'm going to need screenshots... I'm not sure what you're asking for here. All the contracts have a suffix on them that says (Probe) or (Crew). All the (Probe) contracts also have the very first parameter set to "Required: Probe". The fact that you need to land on Duna or Eve twice before getting the remaining contracts is explained in the giant graphic under PBC Contracts on my front page. I'm not sure how it could be any more clear?

@DMagic Thank you mate, I was worried I might have to start telling people CKAN is a no-go.

@_Zee According to your earlier post you implied your vessel has to be a “probe” type, even if it is a crewed vessel, in order for the counter to recognize a Duna or Eve landing. I guess I am asking if that is indeed true. Does that make more sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MechBFP said:

@_Zee According to your earlier post you implied your vessel has to be a “probe” type, even if it is a crewed vessel, in order for the counter to recognize a Duna or Eve landing. I guess I am asking if that is indeed true. Does that make more sense?

No mate, your Vessel has to be tagged as a probe only if its a Probe contract. Crew contracts have their own requirements, listed in the parameters. If the parameters above the one you're trying to complete aren't green check marks, then the contract won't progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, _Zee said:

No mate, your Vessel has to be tagged as a probe only if its a Probe contract. Crew contracts have their own requirements, listed in the parameters. If the parameters above the one you're trying to complete aren't green check marks, then the contract won't progress.

@_Zee Okay exactly, that makes sense. So to go full circle, nothing you have mentioned so far then explains the problem/bug that I mentioned in my original post. 

I landed on Duna twice, once with a probe, and once with a crew, and I completed both of those Duna KARA progression contracts (1 probe and 1 crewed) and the “EvnaLanded” did not get set to “2”.  That’s the bug I was talking about. 

Edited by MechBFP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MechBFP said:

@_Zee Okay exactly, that makes sense. So to go full circle, nothing you have mentioned so far then explains the problem/bug that I mentioned in my original post. 

I landed on Duna twice, once with a probe, and once with a crew, and I completed both of those Duna KARA progression contracts (1 probe and 1 crewed) and the “EvnaLanded” did not get set to “2”.  That’s the bug I was talking about. 

Indeed, full circle. In your first post, you mentioned 2 bugs.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, MechBFP said:

So I ran into 2 bugs. The first is it wasn't correctly tracking how many landings on Duna I had, and the second is that it didn't recognize when I entered Eve's SOI.

The one about entering Eve's SOI is almost certainly because the vessel wasn't properly tagged as a Probe, based on the information you've given so far. 

EvnaLanded not getting set to 2 was likely because you updated your install mid-save and didn't refresh contracts. No one else has had problems with it so that's my best guess.

Edited by _Zee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Iguas said:

Hey any version for 1.4.5 ? 

Nope, and when my "mirror patch" got integrated,  is was explicite mentioned in the patch notes that there is still no support for any KSP prior to KSP 1.6::

On 2/1/2019 at 1:11 AM, _Zee said:

//// Version 2.5 Changes

[snip]
Pre-KSP_v1.6 parts now mirror their updated post-KSP_v1.6 variants. Thank you @4x4cheesecake!
    (Note this just prevents potential exploits. KSP versions prior to 1.6 are still not supported)
[snip]

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iguas said:

Hey any version for 1.4.5 ? 

As 4x4 pointed out, I have no plans to make PBC compatible with anything prior to KSP 1.6, it would just be too much work for something I don't even use.

Also just wanted to pop in and mention I've started making mods for Civ6, some of you may have already noticed. Civ6 and the newest DLC has all of my attention right now, so I haven't worked on PBC since the last update. As I've mentioned before I consider this mod feature-complete, so I'm fine with taking a break from KSP for a bit. But I didn't want anyone to think that PBC won't receive any more updates. It's only a matter of time before the cold embrace of space calls out to me again, and when it does, I'll pick up right where I left off (Planetary Base Systems is still on deck) and keep looking to the polls for patch ordering. :)

In the meantime, if you play Civ6 at all you can check out my work here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.