linuxgurugamer

Missing images

Recommended Posts

I noticed that some images that used to be in my signature are missing.

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/kerbal-forum-uploads/monthly_2018_01/aXZS1v9.png.ddc6c9ee8990e2701bbd14416dc20395.png

They seem to be from an S3 account on AWS, and it appears to be (based on the name) to be forum related.  Does anyone have any idea what happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait am I misunderstanding? You have stuff in your signature that you don't know where it came from? How did it get there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 9:05 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Wait am I misunderstanding? You have stuff in your signature that you don't know where it came from? How did it get there?

These three have been there for a long time, and I don't have perfect recall

On 1/15/2019 at 8:01 PM, ManeTI said:

Not sure what happened here, will take a look and let you know.

Any luck?  The following are the three missing, i've deleted them from my sig for now

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/kerbal-forum-uploads/monthly_2018_01/qHSRpVp.png.21b8f58d862d8c324123f1bab3f6242f.png

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/kerbal-forum-uploads/monthly_2018_01/aXZS1v9.png.ddc6c9ee8990e2701bbd14416dc20395.png

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/kerbal-forum-uploads/monthly_2018_01/xLOuPpo.png.e8164329c5fe83f41c26ecb4a56bdd03.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi, we couldnt find anything wrong with the settings... the s3 bucket looks fine and there's no expiration or timed removal of anything, no related logs on the Control Panel either, could you please reupload the files? also do you know if this happened to someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea if this happened to anybody else. These are not my files, there will links given to me for badges I had earned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ManeTI said:

Hey @Vanamonde do you know where we can find those badges? So I can reupload them.

I believe the ones in question are not from the forum but were made by the player who created the challenge. We moderators don't have any access to those beyond what any forum member could do, which is trying to remember which challenge it was and going to its thread to see if it still is offering a badge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

I believe the ones in question are not from the forum but were made by the player who created the challenge. We moderators don't have any access to those beyond what any forum member could do, which is trying to remember which challenge it was and going to its thread to see if it still is offering a badge. 

I don't think it is a badge from a player made challenge, just compare the URL in question to the URL of any avatar. For example, here is the URL of your avatar:

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/kerbal-forum-uploads/monthly_2018_02/5a8a169c5825d_CraterCrackerspresent.thumb.jpg.ff4a5a53bd6321efb5e3b61ec3a81040.jpg

Would be a big conincidence if a player uses the same amazon server/folder structure to upload pictures ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2019 at 4:28 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

I don't think it is a badge from a player made challenge, just compare the URL in question to the URL of any avatar. For example, here is the URL of your avatar:

https://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/kerbal-forum-uploads/monthly_2018_02/5a8a169c5825d_CraterCrackerspresent.thumb.jpg.ff4a5a53bd6321efb5e3b61ec3a81040.jpg

Would be a big conincidence if a player uses the same amazon server/folder structure to upload pictures ;)

I wonder if they were put there by @Darth Badie in the past.  I know that when I created a challenge last year, I sent her the badges and she sent them out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I wonder if they were put there by @Darth Badie in the past.  I know that when I created a challenge last year, I sent her the badges and she sent them out

Yeah, that also fits to the date indicated by the URL. I guess the challenge in question is this one:

Also, forum user @TailDragger who participated in this challenge, got two broken links in the signature, one of them is identical to the link above.
The title picture for the challenge is boken as well but the URL is different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Yeah, that also fits to the date indicated by the URL. I guess the challenge in question is this one:

Also, forum user @TailDragger who participated in this challenge, got two broken links in the signature, one of them is identical to the link above.
The title picture for the challenge is boken as well but the URL is different.

I figured it out, the missing images are in my sig now.  @TailDragger is welcome to copy the link as needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check if you have ever connected to a school WIFI, because school WIFI gives you the virus ContentKeeper, and ContentKeeper hides images from imgur and other popular image sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Fraston said:

Check if you have ever connected to a school WIFI, because school WIFI gives you the virus ContentKeeper, and ContentKeeper hides images from imgur and other popular image sites.

Nope, never did.  The images are definitely missing, I've checked on multiple systems.

and I'm very careful with antivirus protection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.