Ground AI driver like the one of BD armory but for v1.3.1

JPGSP

I like doing tank battles in KSP with BD armory, but the thing is that  if I want to use the ground AI for the tanks, I need to use v1.4.2, which I don't want to move because I have a lot of mods, at least 120, and I tried to put that version in KSP 1.3.1 and the ground AI thing worked but the weapon manager din't, in the way that it says that I don't have a weapon manager when I clearly do.. 

Hi you'll be out of luck there, as there never was a surface AI for 131, and I've a suspicion that the BDA surface autopilot is  one of , if not the first to come close to achieving it. Development proper didn't start on it until KSP 1.4 although the team had tinkered with it previously.  KSP 131 is dead from a modding perspective, a dead end, nothing useful can be gained from creating new mods for it, especially as it uses unity 5  while KSP is in on U 2017.xx .

You certainly don't need 120 mods to build tanks , so why not get an updated  KSP with the latest BDA , and of course mods that will work in 1.6,  I know from experience that BDA likes a clean install, clean installs make for good  lag and hassle free battles

As you've discovered mixing  and matching KSP and BDA does not work, BDA is re compiled and repaired for every KSP version as every update has an effect on BDA.  

Oh, ok. I have so many mods because I also have RSS/RO installed. I mean, I can make a separated save with a more updated version. And one thing, what does the SMI TankCommander do in your mod SM AFV?

Edited by JPGSP

@SpannerMonkey(smce) And is there any way I can get it to work, just asking?  Because even though I have my 1.4.5 install I want to see if there is any way to get it to work so I don't need 2 install were I can do the same except that 1 has that part(With that I mean that I can do the stuff from the 1.4.5 one on the 1.3.1 but that part).

8 hours ago, JPGSP said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) And is there any way I can get it to work, just asking? 

The trouble is that as i mentioned  the two versions are using different versions of the unity engine,  there are substantial changes to the code between the two versions, and accordingly the DLLs that are used to compile the BDAc plugins are very different in content, The 131 -14 change, was at a time of massive revisions in BDA , in which modules were rationalised and formed into a central library so there's ZERO backward compatibility. Something that not realised by many is how complex and interwoven BDA is, there are very few things that can be done in isolation without having an affect in some other system,  changes that were made to incorporate the SRFAI  in 141 on are simply not present in the 131 version and to make things worse the framework that supports it is not really established.

TLDR, if you are C#  competent you could probably reverse engineer the code and make something work in 131, but  you'd have to really want it, as  it wouldn't be a ten minute job  and any bugs or problems would be of your creation, so you'd be on your own.  There's no play and play solution

@SpannerMonkey(smce) I was looking at the dll file BDArmory.dll of both v131 and v14 and found this https://imgur.com/gallery/O7Educ7

What I found is that the bottom(v14) if I open AIUtils it has the different AI while the upper one(v131) has only for air. Oh and to make it work what I need to change is that(dll file), right?

Edited by JPGSP

@Xd the great Is not the same, you need to specify where you want it to go while the BDarmory one you just click a button for each tank and they will start moving and fighting and also being from the same mod they are "coordinated"(or at least what I think). The mechjeb one is useful for the tanks to guard so the go to a specific point but not for them to go forward until they encounter an enemy.

Edited by JPGSP

57 minutes ago, JPGSP said:

@Xd the great Is not the same, you need to specify where you want it to go while the BDarmory one you just click a button for each tank and they will start moving and fighting and also being from the same mod they are "coordinated"(or at least what I think). The mechjeb one is useful for the tanks to guard so the go to a specific point but not for them to go forward until they encounter an enemy.

How well does the pilot ai work on rovers?

I think updating the game/starting a new save on the new version is more feasible?

@Xd the great I haven't tried mechjeb one that much but from my experience I think the best for the tanks I think as I said before to guard and go in circles until an enemy arrives, but I can use mechjeb's one until I get the BDArmory one working. And by the way I have a save for battles ksp v145 with mods from the series of fall of kerbin and mods that I like. And before I forget I'm going to try the MJ autopilot too. I also got the BonVoyage autopilot which I'm also going to try.

Update: The one of BonVoyageI cant get to work and the MJ one I'm only able to get it to get the speed throtel working but I only need that.

Edited by JPGSP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.