ISRU Deleteing ore/fuel output?

So I recently sent a Mining rig to Dres, to act as a refueling gateway between Kerbin and Jool. It's a pretty simple thing; just a lander with a big fuel tank, RCS stuff, various ore containers, etc. Here's a pic if your interested. I successfully landed it on Dres, and it was able to mine and fill up it's Liquid Fuel, Oxidizer, Mono-propellant and Ore tanks without much issue.

To make use of it, I built a really heavy probe to explore Jools various moons. It's the largest payload I've ever gotten off Kerbin before, so I'm pretty proud of it :3 It has four detachable landers that can individually deorbit and do science, and it's composed out of lots of different kinds of tank to attach the NERV rocket to the Kerbodyne tanks without making it look ugly. While the redundancy added by the landers is helpful at times (functioning as emergency boosters if I need to do quick maneuvers that the NERV can't pull off in time), it also makes the probe rather complicated. It has lots of individual tanks, some of which accept liquid fuel and oxidizer, and some of which only take liquid fuel (as I limited them for use with the NERV).

After getting the heavy Jool probe in orbit around Dres and rendezvousing with the lander, I docked them successfully. Afterwards, I reopened the Mining landers Solar Panels and thermal gear (turned off during the rendezvous to avoid accidental damage) and turned on the ISRU, to finish processing the leftover ore (which at the time was nearly full, over 1000 units of it). The ISRU reached it's optimal temperature and stayed there, and the ore started to get depleted. The overall stats in the corner said that ore was getting used up, and that Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer was being added to the ship...

But none of the tanks showed any signs of gaining any fuel! I checked all of them, and they all seemed to stay at the same levels. I used time warp up to ten times (I couldn't do any more due to my orbit being very close to the surface), and while the overall counter said more fuel was being added, none of the tanks showed it. So I left the ISRU on, went to the tracking station, and time warped at full blast for a couple of seconds to let the ISRU do it's thing.

When I went back after that, the ore tanks were completely empty, and none of the fuel tanks had gained any fuel at all :(

Is this some sort of bug? Is it possible for generated fuel to simply be banished to the void? Or am I missing something here? Thankfully it's not the end of the world for me, I can simply land the mining rig and get more, but it'd be really obnoxious to have to process the ore only when undocked...

EDIT: Neither craft has fuel cells installed. They're both powered solely by Solar Panels and engine alternators.

Edited by Pacca

Do you by chance have any fuel cells on any of the ships?  They could be consuming fuel and converting to electric charge.  Other than that, I can't think of any reason fuel would be disappearing without engines running. 

A bug seems very possible.  You could run some quick tests by building another miner/refining rig (could do in a Sandbox game if you don't want to spend funds).  If your settings are not on hard you can probably even mine the launchpad for ore.

5 minutes ago, Aegolius13 said:

Do you by chance have any fuel cells on any of the ships?  They could be consuming fuel and converting to electric charge.  Other than that, I can't think of any reason fuel would be disappearing without engines running. 

A bug seems very possible.  You could run some quick tests by building another miner/refining rig (could do in a Sandbox game if you don't want to spend funds).  If your settings are not on hard you can probably even mine the launchpad for ore.

There are no fuel cells, both probes are powered entirely by solar panels (and engine alternators, when those are running). I might run some tests later (although I'll have to redock these exact two craft again anyways to make up for the lost fuel, so I'll test that out first).

Edited by Pacca

One other thing to try - turn on "enable crossfeed" on all docking ports, decouplers, etc.  There is also a setting somewhere in the difficulty options about allowing crossfeed along all part types.  It could be the fuel coming out of your ISRU cannot feed to any of the tanks on your recipient craft.

1 hour ago, Aegolius13 said:

One other thing to try - turn on "enable crossfeed" on all docking ports, decouplers, etc.  There is also a setting somewhere in the difficulty options about allowing crossfeed along all part types.  It could be the fuel coming out of your ISRU cannot feed to any of the tanks on your recipient craft.

Toggling crossfeed doesn't appear to do all that much; even when I attempted to disable it so that the ISRU could only refuel the miner itself as a workaround, it still didn't do anything.

The difficulty options are set to whatever the default "normal" settings are. I'm not sure how to mess with them mid game...

It should be able to feed at least Liquid Fuel to the docked craft; if not that, then the lander itself still has a half filled tank connected directly to the ISRU that can accept both Oxidizer and Liquid Fuel; shouldn't it at the very least refill that? This is very confusing...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.