[1.12.5, and prior] SIMPLEX Resources 1.14

theJesuit

There will be an update to this sometime this week, probably in conjunction with updates for TETRIX TechTree and SIMPLEX Assembly.

Mainly in celebration of Extraplanetary Launchpads compatibility with 1.12.2

I'm going to increase the mass of the CustomParts to match the Metal Parts.  This is to help make sense of the Sandcastle requirements and ratios

The Keridian Dynamics B9 tanks will get an update, to match the LFO ratios with Simplex Resources and remove the Consumables and Organic Slurry.  I'm thinking of also adding in CryoFuels so that these will act as the holding tanks to fuel your CyroFuel rockets that you build off world.

The KD Furnaces and KD-Chemical-Reactor, Extraplanetary Launchpads Smelters will produce MetalParts.  A TETRIX update will put them smallest to largest in Tiers 6, 7 and 8.  Construction off world with Sandcastle and EL effectively begins at Tier 6.  But manipulation of parts and ground anchor is tier 4.

Updated.

Extraplanetary Launchpads, Keridian Dynamics, have their ISRU things re-added after a number of versions.  If the Community Resource Pack is installed as well, the Simplex ISRU configs override the ISRU for rocket parts or material kits.

An updated coming at some point.

SimpleFuelSwitch is doing funny things when other mods add in resources to parts.  So this will be fixed, but it is a patch per mod.  

DeepFreeze is now supported by adding Glykerol out of the Community Resource Pack (only if CRP is not installed anyways.

Further additions to next update - 

Apart from NF Construction, the b9 part switching for some of Nertea's mods such as Near Future Launch pads is also wrong for the Fuel Ratios.  This will be fixed.

Also, the Mass drivers engines and RCS in the Stockalike Mining Extension will use NaturalOre, rather than Ore.  Makes them actually work with this mod which removes Ore storage and mining options.

I've also realised that NearFuture Propulsion has options for 'Lithium' which is for the MPDT engines, but lithium doesn't exist in SIMPLEX Resources.   I have added Argon, but mainly as the Argon switch to Xenon seemed too samey - but I had done that with the hydrogen engines elsewhere which are now kinda samey with LFO.

The way MPD engines work is by storing Lithium as a solid, then vaporizing it for acceleration.

I'm thinking that if the Mass Driver in Stockalike Mining Extension uses Natural Ore, then perhaps I can replace lithium with RareOre.  Lithium is used in lots of different things (according to wikipedia) and I use RareOre for creating the 'components' in ExtraPlanetary Launchpads, so I think it does kinda work.  In a simplified world.

Gameplay wise it would mean that as RareOre isn't really found on the Mun, Minmus becomes the best "close to" Kerbin place to mine for this as RareOre is  everywhere apart from the Flats is RareOre.

(I'm kinda wishing again that I had created a TETRIX Resources mod about six months ago :) for the additives <shrug>).

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, orangecat1248 said:

can you make configs for WOLF or USI?

Possibly.  I went for Kerbalism a long time ago as it was easier to manipulate.

The last time I looked at this, 3 years ago maybe, USI had some hardcoded use of particular resources, although my understanding of MM patching has grown since then.  When kerbalism had hardcoded resources I was able to ask for them to be changed and they were.  There is a lot going on in MKS?  but USI just has Supplies and Mulch, which I guess are Consumables and OrganicSlurry analogues.  It may be possible?  Happy for someone to make a suggestion!

So if I do look at USI it won't be anytime soon - if even before KSP2 though sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back to working on a small tweak update on issues I have become aware of.

It looks like the scanners are picking up Ore?  Even though it doesn't exist.  I'll try and  rid us all of that issue.

I see that using with Restock has some tank issues with MetalParts and CustomParts.  I'll get that sorted.  Also, align the 3.75m tank with RestockPlus.

Kerbal Planetary Bases Systems, along with ExtraPlanetary Laucnhpads has 'tanks' that contain the wrong parts.  I'll resolve this too.

Then we can all relax again!

done

Fixed the Extraplanetary Launchpads issues with weird resources and EL tanks now have their titles renamed to reflect their content.

Kerbal Planetary Base Systems EL package with the workshop (makes CustomParts) and Smelter (makes MetalParts) will be supported better Kerbalism Simplex.  Exciting though that the RocketPart, MetalOre, Metal and ScrapMetal tanks are retitled and have a new look.

to do

Scanners need checking that are aren't scanning for stock Ore.

JNSQ added some biomes in its last updated so I need to check that out... and move the Mün in an AngleCanTweaks update so that it is only 3 days travel away.

I also want to add support for GPP as well and check KSRSS biomes.

3 hours ago, orangecat1248 said:

Could you add this to CKAN with the next release?

Sorry if I'm making too many requests.

Is it not there?  I will indeed.  Update is actually ready but i need to have time to post it :)

You can keep requesting.  At worst I can say no or at least say to wait for a couple of years.  At best it happens in a couple of days!

Peace.

Simplex Colonies, Propulsion and Resources are not on CKAN. Neither is Anglecan Progression.

On a side note: Would you consider sharing a 'modlist' of the various mods Anglecan is designed around? They appear to be designed to work together, it's just difficult to identify which mods they connect with.

To be clear I'm just asking for a list of mods you would use in a Simplex "Suite". I understand that mod packs are frowned upon for very good reasons, and have no expectation for you to moderate functionality as listed mods update.

I'm currently testing an MKS instance, but I've been working on a Simplex one in the background.  I tried opening config files to guess at the significance of relevant mods, I've read forum and space dock pages, and some of it is confusing.

For example; what mods that use CRP can be used with this mod. NF Electrical is mentioned, Simplex Kerbalism could be, DeepFreeze is mentioned somewhere and of course there's the list of recommended mods-- but without asking for a complete dissemination of CRP dependent mods and their relative compatibility, what would you personally use?

Perhaps this info is somewhere obvious that I've missed or too much a WIP to say anything, or perhaps I'm making assumptions and sound vaguely paranoid and conspiratorial :wink:. I have ADHD and memory issues so it can be quite difficult to parse something like this, I just like the sound of pretty much all of your mods and want to figure out what sort of mod list a dedicated playthrough would utilize. I appreciate any response, even if it's a flat out no.

3 hours ago, LudificorPayne said:

Simplex Colonies, Propulsion and Resources are not on CKAN. Neither is Anglecan Progression.

Thanks for letting me know about CKAN.   I don't use it myself, but Ill have a look at it over the weekend and request it.

3 hours ago, LudificorPayne said:

On a side note: Would you consider sharing a 'modlist' of the various mods Anglecan is designed around? They appear to be designed to work together, it's just difficult to identify which mods they connect with.

To be clear I'm just asking for a list of mods you would use in a Simplex "Suite". I understand that mod packs are frowned upon for very good reasons, and have no expectation for you to moderate functionality as listed mods update.

I'm currently testing an MKS instance, but I've been working on a Simplex one in the background.  I tried opening config files to guess at the significance of relevant mods, I've read forum and space dock pages, and some of it is confusing.

For example; what mods that use CRP can be used with this mod. NF Electrical is mentioned, Simplex Kerbalism could be, DeepFreeze is mentioned somewhere and of course there's the list of recommended mods-- but without asking for a complete dissemination of CRP dependent mods and their relative compatibility, what would you personally use?

Perhaps this info is somewhere obvious that I've missed or too much a WIP to say anything, or perhaps I'm making assumptions and sound vaguely paranoid and conspiratorial :wink:. I have ADHD and memory issues so it can be quite difficult to parse something like this, I just like the sound of pretty much all of your mods and want to figure out what sort of mod list a dedicated playthrough would utilize. I appreciate any response, even if it's a flat out no.

This is a good idea.  I'm very happy to do a list and clarify.  I also want to do a playthrough to highlight them.  Something I'm hoping that  I'll actually have time to do :)

MKS and WildBlue mods aren't necessarily supported.

I think all Nertea mods are supported now, except FarFuture Tech.

Simplex Kerbalism is, Simplex Propulsion, and both TechTrees. Simplex Colonies isn't impacted.  Simplex Assembly AngleCan Progression is supported. I'll make a big post at some point this weekend

Updated.

Added better support for KPBS with tanks for Simplex resources (Ores, EL resources etc)

Sorted wrong resources with EL smelters

Added support for GPP

Added biome with some HydrateOre as the ksp wiki suggested that ices were there.

• 1 month later...

I've had busyness IRL but nearly have an update ready to resolve b9 issues

Also fixing sspx decal variants

Also fixing keridian dynamics decal issues - replaceing consumables and organic slurry with LF and Ox only tanks.

Hopefully soon

• 1 month later...

Hello! @theJesuit following my good intentions, I've started translating SIMPLEXResources too.
As for KerbalismSimplex, I put online my changes on GitHub, you can find the differences from your latest release here:

https://github.com/leonardfactory/SIMPLEXResources/pull/1

I started from the basics, just the resources, but in the next days I'll try to add some other patches.
If you're interested, you can just download the files directly from there, or ask me if you prefer.

By the way, since I'm a programmer anyway, I'd be glad to help you setting up a GitHub organization (I mean, owned by you clearly) to archive all the patches under the "Simplex" umbrella, and since I've read somewhere in the topics you're not a developer, feel free to ask me if there's some feature you'd like to develop that requires some C#. Kudos!

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, leonardfactory said:

Is it desired that no Natural Ore is available on Minmus, but Metal Ore is shown? I'm attaching SCANSat results:

screenshot190.png

It shows "Minerali Naturali" (Natural Ore) and "Minerali Rari" (RareOre), plus a Metal Ore.
I suspect there's some distribution config residual from Extraplanetary Launchpads?

Nice find.  Yes Minmus should only have HydrateOre in the various Flats and Rare Ore  everywhere else, with both possible on the slopes.  I'll need to look at what EL is doing.

I digged in EPL & SCANSat configs, the only thing I noticed is the GLOBAL_RESOURCE tag from EPL: Removing it with a "!" MM patch seems to remove it correctly from resources, but I'm not sure this has collateral effects.

Aside of that, I've found some Scanner PartModules (ModuleResourceScanner & ModuleAnalysisResource) which where not updated to remove the MetalOre resource added by EPL, and patched them too.

I put all in this commit, I hope you can check it and verify I got it right!

https://github.com/AngleCanMods/SIMPLEXResources/pull/1/commits/8fb6cad7d9258927d5793e93d9633a732def0d87

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

@theJesuit, Would it be possible to add configurations for other life support mods? I tried SIMPLEX Kerbalism and found it too complex.

You know what?  Yes!   Probably.  It is just the time...

I'm thinking IFI (maintained by LGG), and Snacks are the two to support in this endeavour.  Not MKS as it is quite complicated and was designed specifically with CRP in mind.

Time in front of the computer is quite limited currently, and there are a bunch of updates stacked up.  I also had an idea which I'm bashing out in spare time at work which I'm about to write a development post for.

So, yup?   Maybe sometime over the next month?