What markup, if any, can be used in topic posts?

Error_Sophius

I did a routine edit on my mod threads and their formatting got all screwed up. Fixing it was more aggravation than it should have been.

Is there any form of plain-text markup that I can use for posts? I almost don't care what it is, I can always compose in a text editor and convert with pandoc. Even straight HTML would be okay. But I can't find a button for either inserting marked-up text or editing the raw HTML. And the WYSIWYG editor makes me want to kraken myself in the face.

7 hours ago, Error_Sophius said:

I did a routine edit on my mod threads and their formatting got all screwed up. Fixing it was more aggravation than it should have been.

Is there any form of plain-text markup that I can use for posts? I almost don't care what it is, I can always compose in a text editor and convert with pandoc. Even straight HTML would be okay. But I can't find a button for either inserting marked-up text or editing the raw HTML. And the WYSIWYG editor makes me want to kraken myself in the face.

Hi.

Unfortunately there is no support for BBcode in the current forum software, and allowing normal users to access raw HTML would very likely end up as a disaster waiting to happen. The best you could probably do is to compose your post in an editor that you're more comfortable with, such as Libreoffice Writer, or Microsoft Word (or, perhaps, LaTeX converted to OOXML via Pandoc). Once displayed in rich-text, most formatting should survive a copy+paste into the forum's own text editor.

Hope that helps.

It's the "rich text" part I have a problem with.

Well, no, I guess that's not strictly true. It's trying to edit rich text that I have a problem with. Latex is painful too, but asciidoc->pandoc->OOXML should work, if I'm only opening LOW to copy/paste from it. Thanks.