How to collect information about part configs etc

Hello All,

It is usually very useful to collect and tabulate information about parts or experiments or other entities. For example, tabulating ISP's of engines or maybe masses of fuel tanks, or science values of experiments, etc.

How does everyone collect this information? I do so by manually searching through config files or inspecting tooltips in the VAB. Is there a better way to do this? For example by typing some commands in the in game debug window or maybe some helper method that I can run in ModuleManager.dll? Can I maybe run a tiny executable to run ModuleManager.dll in the game folder and then write out a csv containing the values that I need?

Edit: Actually what I am looking for is probably a way to parse the module manager cache. All the information that I want is probably in there but I would need it to be more easily queryable via linq in memory or csv/excel or something else.

Edited by canisin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.