I'm presuming this is a recurring bug...

KSP 1.6

I searched around a bit and couldn't find anything related to this bug. Basically, when I'm in the VAB and I'm ready to do a launch (for testing purposes) I click the Save icon and then Launch icon and 8 out 10 times nothing happens. The game still runs as seen by the wee Kerbals running about doing their jobs and the vehicles doing their rounds...

But for some reason I can't leave the VAB. Sometimes this bug happens out on the main screen too.. it doesn't allow me to enter any buildings - for example, when I click on R&D the game says that this building is closed. Pressing ALT+F12 and clearing the input locs doesn't help either - I read in another post that doing this is supposed to unlock the icons and let the game proceed but it doesn't for me.

I'm not sure where the logs for the crash are kept (assuming that they are automatically output) so I can't post any further information here - but if some kind soul informs me of their location and how to turn them on in game if they aren't already, I'll post the output.

If anyone can help please offer your solutions and thank you in advance.

--

Windows 10 Pro, build 1809, 16 gb ram, Ryzen 1600x 4 Ghz, 1050 Ti (I know this lets me down... :( )

Edited by TotemicWeevil
Adding addtion text and spelling errors.

Hmm. I have never seen this problem before, and I don't really know much about bug workarounds, but there are two things I can think of.

1. Does it happen with every craft or just one? Sometimes when a single craft gets corrupted it can do weird things, although I've never seen it do something like this.

2. Does it happen on a fresh installation of the game? If you bought from the store, just re-download and unzip to a new location, and then transfer your save files over to the new copy. If you bought through steam there's a button somewhere that will verify your game's files, but I'm not sure how that works because I don't use Steam. If you want to do a full re-install on Steam I'd copy your saves to another location first, as a backup... I don't do Steam but it is my understanding that the game is always installed in the old location and that might make things weird, or it might not.

Also, it could be a mod problem. Can we have a modlist? Also try uninstalling the mods one by one to see if it stops.

Edited by Ultimate Steve

I'm had similar issues with Hangar Extender where the system would freak out after clicking the extending button.  It wouldn't extend the hangar, and then do basically what you said.  I'm pretty sure it was that mod doing it, but I never locked down exactly what was going on (as in if it was the mod by itself or a mod conflict) so I didn't report it to LGG yet.

It happens to every craft I create eventually or on a duplicate of a launched ship.

I am on Steam although I run it via CKAN's launch KSP button. As for the save games I never get far enough to loose a great deal of progress as this happens to me very early on most game starts - on the odd occassion that I do manage to get a satellite launched it happens just shortly thereafter.

I've deleted and reinstalled the mods after replacing the original game files through Steam's file integrity checker thingy.

Mods, in no particular order:

ModuleManager, AblativeAirbrake, AlternateResourcePanel, AlternatorsForAll, AntennaHelper, AntennaSleep, TexturesUnlimited, AutoAction, AutoAsparagus, AstronomersVisualPack, B9PartSwitch, BetterCrewAssignment, BetterLoadSaveGame, CapCom, ClickThroughBlocker, CommunityResourcePack, ContractConfigurator-FieldResearch, ContractConfigurator-KerbalAcademy, ContractConfigurator-KerbinSpaceStation, ContractConfigurator-RemoteTech, ContractConfigurator-Tourism, ContractParser, ContractsWindowPlus, ControlSurfaceToggle, CorrectCoL, CraftManager, CrewLight, CrowdSourcedScience, CustomBarnKit - am curious to see if it could be this one at fault, DatedQuickSaves, DistantObject, DistantObject-default, DMagicOrbitalScience, DraggableNavball, DynamicBatteryStorage, EVAHandrailsPackContinued, EVAParachutes, FilterExtensions, FilterExtensionsDefaultConfig, Firespitter, FirespitterCore, FirespitterResourcesConfig, FlagPack, FMRSContinued, FuelEfficientPilots, FullAutoStrut, FuseBoxContinued, GravityTurnContinued, HangerExtenderExtended, InternalRCS, InterstellarFuelSwitch, InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core, Kartographer, KAS, KeepItStraight, KEI, KerbalAlarmClock, KerbalEngineerRedux, KerbalFoundriesContinued, KerbalImprovedSaveSystem, KerbalInventorySystemNoFun, KerbalJointReinforcementContinued, KerbalXMod, KIS, KSPWheel, KXAPI, Landertron, LandingAIM, MagiCore, MechJeb2, MechJebForAll, MiniAirbrakes, MissingHistory, ModActions, NavballDockAlignIndCE, NearFutureConstruction, NearFutureElectrical, NearFutureElectrical-Core, NearFutureElectrical-DecayingRTGs, NearFutureLaunchVehicles, NearFutureProps, NearFuturePropulsion, NearFuturePropulsion-LowThrustEP, NearFutureSolar, NearFutureSolar-Core, newReactionWheels, NMSG, OrbitalSurveyPlus, PartMapper, PlanetShine, PlanetShine-Config-Default, PreciseManeuver, PylonFix, RealBattery, RealChute, RealPlume, RealPlume-StockConfigs, RealTimeClock2, ReCoupler, RecoveryController, RemoteTech, RemoteTechStockConfigs, RockomaxSLSPartTextures, SafeChute, SAVE, SCANsat, Scatterer, Scatterer-config, Scatterer-sunflare, ScienceAlert, Science-Full-Transmit, ScienceRevisitedRevisited, SETI-RemoteTech, ShowAllFuelsContinued, SlingShotterReslung, SmallTweaks, SmartParts, SmartStage, SmokeScreen, Snacks, StageRecovery, StateFundingContinued, StationKeeping, StationScienceContinued, Suppliesbackpack, SurfaceExperimentPack, Toolbar, ToolbarController, ToughLove, TrackingStationEvolved, TriggerAu-Flags, TweakableEverythingCont, TweakScale, TweakscaleMakingHistoryConfigs, UICore, UniversalStorage, UniversalStorage2, UniversalStorageStockResourceFuelCell, UnmannedTech, USI-Core, USI-EXP, USI-FTT, USI-LS, USITools, VABReorienter, VaporVent, WaypointManager, WernhersOldBits, WorldStabilizer, xScience, EasyVesselSwitch, CommunityTechTree, EngineLighting, NearFutureSpacecraft, StationPartsExpansion, ConnectedLivingSpace, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, TexturesUnlimited-UnofficialStockConfig, ProgressParser, ContractConfigurator, ToadicusToolsContinued, CommunityCategoryKit, RCSBuildAidCont, KerbalKonstructs, Astrogator, BetterBurnTime, BetterSRBs, DecoupleWithControl, IntegratedStackDecouplers, ConfigurableContainers-Core, RN-SPP, CargoTransportationSolutions, AVP-4kTextures, TextureReplacer, CommNetManager, CommNetVisualisation, CriticalTemperatureGauge, FlightPlan, HeatControl, ScienceRelay, LCAproject, ResonantOrbitCalculator, KerbnetController, KerbalGPSRevived, ExperimentTracker, BOMPs, BonVoyage

Edited by TotemicWeevil

49 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I'm had similar issues with Hangar Extender where the system would freak out after clicking the extending button.  It wouldn't extend the hangar, and then do basically what you said.  I'm pretty sure it was that mod doing it, but I never locked down exactly what was going on (as in if it was the mod by itself or a mod conflict) so I didn't report it to LGG yet.

I'll get rid of the mod and re-run the game to check.. I mentioned this mod in my previous post.

UPDATE: I deleted CustomBarnKit and Hangar Extender and the problem/issue is still present in the game.

Edited by TotemicWeevil
Status Update

On 1/6/2019 at 11:53 AM, TotemicWeevil said:

To try and work out which mod is causing my issue I've backed up all my mods - then deleted the whole lot and am reinstalling each one seperately - playing for a bit to see if the problem reoccurs or not. Will keep you posted. :D

Since that will take weeks, install half of your mods, and see if it exists, then you can narrow down which group of mods it is in by adding or deleting halves as you go.   Significantly reduce the amount of reloads it will take given you have a huge number of mods. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.