(Abandoned) Provenance Aerospace [Stockalike New Glenn Add-on]

DylanSemrau

12 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

New BE-3U and BE-4 (unfinished)

7sROi9U.png1qaWjH3.png

Looks really nice!

Just one thing, decrease the "thickness" of the engine bell at the bottom, those things are really thin actually. Should be at least 50% thinner, probably even more. Apart from that, great work!

And maybe consider having a variant without that boattail just like the stock engines now offer.

Edited by Kartoffelkuchen

On 7/17/2019 at 10:33 AM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Looks really nice!

Just one thing, decrease the "thickness" of the engine bell at the bottom, those things are really thin actually. Should be at least 50% thinner, probably even more. Apart from that, great work!

And maybe consider having a variant without that boattail just like the stock engines now offer.

Thanks man! Made the nozzles a little bit thinner, and I'm already planning on having the different variants :)

BE-3U Texture

xZCAyJX.pngJ6ZjBYo.pngVbN1Rx1.png

On 7/15/2019 at 10:24 PM, DylanSemrau said:

I swear this is the last time i revamp the whole mod for a while :P

Ppfffffttt... i dont believe it for a second... *...youve been rubbing elbows too much with a cyan canine, lately...*

Mod revamping is a contagious thing... :P

Amazing how quick you've gotten to such a high level of modelling and texturing... You have a lot to be proud of...

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

New Glenn's getting a size increase in game! Instead of being 3.125m it will be 4.375m, this is the proper scale for a 7m wide rocket, I avoided this size earlier since no one else had used it, but it seems necessary for it to scale correctly with other mods (EX. Tundra Exploration's Falcons). I'm pretty happy with all the new models, they're much better looking and far more detailed, so I think I'm ready to move on to texturing and all that stuff. Something new to notice is the third stage tank and engine mount, along with a few adapters so you can use these parts with other mods! For the next little bit I'll be focusing on the parts in the image, and once they're finished I'll move on to the first stage parts.

You can check up on my progress with the Roadmap.

dquDLYt.png

Edited by DylanSemrau

On 8/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, boylesmason113 said:

So when is the first release date? It looks like a great mod and I would love to play it as soon as it comes out!

Whenever I finish it. Keep in mind this is my very first mod so it's been taking me a little bit as I've had to learn everything. Although I don't have a release, I do share a dev version of my parts on github when I finish them. You can find that here.

Also if you're curious about my progress you can check out the roadmap linked in the op.

Edited by DylanSemrau

On 8/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, DylanSemrau said:

Whenever I finish it. Keep in mind this is my very first mod so it's been taking me a little bit as I've had to learn everything. Although I don't have a release, I do share a dev version of my parts on github when I finish them. You can find that here.

Also if you're curious about my progress you can check out the roadmap linked in the op.

Alright man! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Do you think it would be possible/worth it to include a 3.75m scaled-down version of everything for compatibility with existing parts?

This would of course make it scale wrong relative to everything else, but as long as I’m aware of that I think playing around with these bits would be a more seamless experience if there’s an option like that. I’ll probably download this once I’m back at a computer / it’s released either way, but I’d just like to know for curiosity’s sake. 

34 minutes ago, RyanRising said:

Do you think it would be possible/worth it to include a 3.75m scaled-down version of everything for compatibility with existing parts?

This would of course make it scale wrong relative to everything else, but as long as I’m aware of that I think playing around with these bits would be a more seamless experience if there’s an option like that. I’ll probably download this once I’m back at a computer / it’s released either way, but I’d just like to know for curiosity’s sake. 

1). Every part will be compatible with tweakscale by default so you’d be able to change the size if you’d like (although the performance will suffer slightly)

2). I actually started out at that size but decided it would be worth it to go with the proper scale due to issues with part size and the required performance of the parts not quite matching up very nicely, along with it not being proper scale when next to something like the tundra falcon 9

3). If I were to scale it down I’d have to change the number of sides on the parts back to 24 which would require remodeling the entire thing, and as you can imagine I don’t want to do that

4). There will be adaptors so you can use these parts with larger and smaller parts :)

edit: so no I don’t personally think it would be worth it.

Edited by DylanSemrau

3 minutes ago, DylanSemrau said:

1). Every part will be compatible with tweakscale by default so you’d be able to change the size if you’d like (although the performance will suffer slightly)

2). I actually started out at that size but decided it would be worth it to go with the proper scale due to issues with part size and the required performance of the parts not quite matching up very nicely, along with it not being proper scale when next to something like the tundra falcon 9

3). If I were to scale it down I’d have to change the number of sides on the parts back to 24 which would require remodeling the entire thing, and as you can imagine I don’t want to do that

4). There will be adaptors so you can use these parts with larger and smaller parts :)

edit: so no I don’t personally think it would be worth it.

That 24 sides thing is actually really interesting to me, I didn’t know that was a consideration. Thanks for the response and explanation, and for teaching me something new!