(Abandoned) Provenance Aerospace [Stockalike New Glenn Add-on]

DylanSemrau

Update:

BE-4 Engine Cluster almost complete, will upload pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Also @Barzon Kerman once I'm finished with the BE-4 Cluster I'll start on the Dual Manifest Structure since you seemed to want it, and of course when complete it'll be up on Github :) 

Edited by DylanSemrau

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I'm taking the time to re-work a few things on my parts. I want to add more detail to the 1st stage tank, that is currently in progress. I'll also be separating the interstage from the first stage tank and making it a decoupler. I'll probably share some screenshots here in a little bit. If you want to follow along, I'm a lot more active on discord, so come join us! https://discord.gg/69wEdyP

• 1 month later...

Update:

So i've gotten a little bit of work done. I've also made the Interstage a separate part, so I think that should make things work a little better.

0NXfmvG.pngD6WCJa9.png

Edited by DylanSemrau

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Ladies and Gentlemen, after ~six months of re-does and losing my files, I've finally finished modelling everything. Now it's just texturing and balance, and the initial release will be ready! I'm excited to finally be finishing this up and I'm also excited for the future of this mod :)

nFgx0z9.png

WOW! Truly a shame BO removed the gleaming metallic fairing, but good luck on all your future endeavours!

I shan't say more, from fear of revealing your future projects to unwanted attention.   

And I don't know why on Earth I typed like that.

Edited by Barzon Kerman

• 2 weeks later...

Update:
Fairing Base is done, and I've been trying to organize things for the future of the mod! After all New Glenn stuff (Versions 1.0 and 1.1) is released I will be working on Blue Moon (Version 1.2), and New Shepard (Version 1.3).
KAgKjIB.png

Edited by DylanSemrau

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Landing leg base is complete, and I've decided to re-texture the BE-4 Cluster. I'll be working on re-texturing the BE-3U Engines tonight and tomorrow, and then all that's left will be the landing legs! Expect the initial release within the next 2-3 weeks.

ZRzGXgW.png

MtCz9Ap.pngPP5AkQd.png

Nice. I'll be looking at this for my own game when it's released. I think the parts would look a little better if you domed the bulkhead some to keep it from looking flat. That would increase the polycount, but not by much.

16 hours ago, RaiderMan said:

suggestion..maintain a backup copy of all work for the mod on a file hosting service of some sort..such as google drive, that way if your computer goes sideways again, you're not losing all that work. again.

I actually do have a private repository on Github with all of the Dev files for the mod. Trust me, I won't be making that mistake again :P

14 hours ago, salsathegeek said:

Nice. I'll be looking at this for my own game when it's released. I think the parts would look a little better if you domed the bulkhead some to keep it from looking flat. That would increase the polycount, but not by much.

So the tanks actually do have domed bulkheads, unfortunately it seems that imgur decided to delete the only picture on this thread where you can see it. It's kinds hard to tell at this angle but it's there.

IpDWZhy.png

16 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

I cant wait for this to be released..I'd love to build a new glenn, and to finally complete my vulcan aces and vulcan centaur rockets.

Glad that you're excited! :DI noticed that you were asking about the BE-4 on the KRE thread. The cluster of engines that I've shown here is just one part, so you wouldn't be able to use it for something like Vulcan. However I do plan on making single engines in a later release (possible the second release?), so you will be able to use those for other applications. :) 

If you're interested in making a stockalike Vulcan, there's already a mod for that.

8 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

I actually do have a private repository on Github with all of the Dev files for the mod. Trust me, I won't be making that mistake again :P

So the tanks actually do have domed bulkheads, unfortunately it seems that imgur decided to delete the only picture on this thread where you can see it. It's kinds hard to tell at this angle but it's there.

IpDWZhy.png

Looks really nice keep it up :)

9 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

Cool. It looks good, which is making me nervous about my mod. ^^;

• 4 weeks later...