Large Engine Plates absent in VAB after update.

I have a problem with my Steam version career save after the latest update which relocked a lot of parts in my ongoing game.

Unlocking again I can cope with but some parts are completely absent now, like EP-50 Engine Plate for example. It is not visible in decoupling or by searching in the VAB but is showing as owned in the research building interface. Furthermore ships built using the EP-50 are showing a warning when trying to load them that they are missing a part named "EnginePlate3" but they load perfectly well and contain EP-50 even though it is not available to build.

71FA4999161E488680BA01A9B9DA7381869CB7D27A49882BCA05E531B3EDFE21968763AC9BD21F1BA8ECA413C775AC12C8CF500E88D7F995E52A340B

Does anyone know what is going on and is there a fix?  I tried looking at bug reports and saw none about this yet. I tried verifying the game and it redownloaded two files but this did not fix this issue. If I go to a sandbox game save all the engine plates are available as they should be, it just seems to be the career game which is bugged.

I would prefer to rescue this career game because it is on hard settings and I have spent a while getting this far, also there is no guarantee a fresh career game will be free of the bug.

Not modded in any way. This is how it ended up after the update. I checked composites and metamaterials and they are also listed there in research but I have not researched these yet.

I guess what has happened here is that I unlocked them before the devs moved them to higher tier research and then they became locked again, but were not removed from the unlocked listing in Advanced Construction research panel. So hopefully all I have to do to get them back is unlock the higher tiers.

Thanks that helped :)

1 minute ago, boolybooly said:

I guess what has happened here is that I unlocked them before the devs moved them to higher tier research and then they became locked again, but were not removed from the unlocked listing in Advanced Construction research panel. So hopefully all I have to do to get them back is unlock the higher tiers.

I just checked the configs of 1.5.1 and this is indeed what happend :o

Kinda strange that these parts appear in your Advanced Construction node anyway, but maybe it's somewhere saved in your savegame. Well, I hope the parts will unlock properly after you've researched the (now) correct nodes :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.