(Stock+) Epsilon - Biggest Space Station ever? 8139 parts!

Torn4dO

Yes you read it right 8139 parts, I just survived a lag hell with most of my sanity still intact... I think.
Without the use of tweakscale I believe this is the biggest station ever created! (please correct me if i'm wrong)

For quite a while I wanted to go big, really big so last week I finally went for it and build this space station.
The pictures in orbit are of a incomplete version so they look a tiny bit different than the one in the SPH

XWovnOB.png

During this build I discoverd the true reason why there are ION engines in this game, and no not to provide thrust. They turn out to be cool lights!

jTHUGt2.png

8JzIzFJ.jpg

Rsgtugj.jpg

B0UVlwL.png

NkH3GN5.jpg

LDnKvoQ.jpg

The interior

Spoiler

Dp1lvHe.jpg

HV7iE4R.jpg

GwGC2P9.jpg

bcz8UfW.jpg

cBVjqYf.jpg

It took 1.5 hours to load this thing on the runway, but it actually did load! Three frames later (1hour) I crashed the game in order to escape lag central.

I would like to break the KerbalX record in part count but the filesize is to big to upload, almost 12mb :( lol

It really is amazing, and if you get it uploaded, I promise to try it out 15 years from now with my Quantum desktop computer (alas, probably stuck with Windows 14) and my Nvidia Terrabyte GEForce graphics card with 54 GB RAM.  :D  

Edited by Klapaucius

24 minutes ago, Torn4dO said:

Thanks!

I already asked him to increase the max filesize on KerbalX.

Seriously, this is beyond amazing. The outside is wild, and the interior detail is amazing. This is beyond a game and is like digital ship-model building.  I'm really impressed at the creativity.

Edited by Klapaucius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I wonder what kind of system he has

Lol, in IT terms my computer is ancient! I think I build it about 8 years ago.
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400
RAM: 4GB
GPU: HD5750

6 hours ago, Deddly said:

That's really quite something. KSP --> art. How long did it take you to make it? I particularly like the novel use of mining drills as decorative piping. 

Thanks! I didn't really keep track how much time I put in but I think it was about 7-9 hours.

3 minutes ago, Torn4dO said:

Lol, in IT terms my computer is ancient! I think I build it about 8 years ago.
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400
RAM: 4GB
GPU: HD5750

Thanks! I didn't really keep track how much time I put in but I think it was about 7-9 hours.

I'll try loading it on my system, will be interesting to see the difference

• 2 weeks later...

Alright now you just need to make an equally large lifter to put it into orbit without cheats or anything. That is definitely possible totally, and not completely unrealistic due to the extreme lag that will make any sort of maneuvers impossible. Jesus and I thought making a 1000 part plane was impressive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.