Using 2 stage rockets - problem with decoupler

Hello, I'm building 2 stage rocket similar to Falcon 9 with reusable first stage, but as I use decoupler showed on image, as I launch a rocket, second stage is wobbly and it immediately snap from first stage. What is wrong with it. I've built multiple 2 stage rockets before but it happened to me for a first time today. Under decoupler is Remote Guidance Unit to control that first stage at the reentry and Advanced Reaction Wheel Module. 

Thanks for some advice.

WHL3Hv2.jpg

Aerodynamics matter in KSP...all of those changes to diameter are going to cause problems. Each change causes drag. 

Suggest smoothing it out.

1. Use a cone shaped transition from your lower stage to your upper. 
  2. Try putting your reaction wheel and your RGU in a material bay so they match the rest of your rocket
  3. Use a taller thinner 2nd stage fuel tank that's the same diameter as your engine. 

TL:DR - keep the rocket sides smooth going from smaller on top to larger on the bottom and use angled transition pieces to move from one diameter to another.

I dont know where to hide guidance unit/battery/reaction wheel module/advanced inline stabilizer. They are too big for service bay so I want to hide them but i dont know how. There are some structural tubes but its empty tube and I cant put anything inside. 

I need to shield this part with something similar to protective shell used on a top of the second stage(cargo):

9fvldOu.png

Edited by Daraxir

2 hours ago, Daraxir said:

I need to shield this part with something similar to protective shell used on a top of the second stage(cargo):

That is what fairings are for. Add a fairing, right click to open the window for the fairing, then click the "interstage nodes" button.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.