Setting aircraft brakes before launching.

In the Mission Builder you can set an aircraft to have its brakes on at the time of spawning.  However, I have not seen a way to do this in the regular game.  If you put an aircraft on the runway and don't intend to fly it right away, you have to set the brakes.  You can only do this with a Kerbal aboard, so if you spawn an aircraft with no crew--with the idea that you are boarding the craft with Kerbals already out and about the runway area--you wind up with aircraft that are rolling away all the time.

Is there a way I don't know about to pre-apply the brakes?

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

AFAIK, that's not possible in a stock game so far but there is a tiny mod for exactly this purpose, called 'QuickBrake'. It is part of the 'QuickMods' collection (you don't have to install all of them). If you're fine with using mods, you should give it a try:

Fantastic. I'm good with mods. I only stay away from parts mods because it is easier to share unmodded craft--and I like the limitations that imposes on me from a creative and design standpoint.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.