Easier renumbering action groups

Hi.

Sorry if this as been suggested multiple times or if there is a way I am unaware of.

Sometime when building a craft you want to add a new custom group but would like to have it sequentially between two other ones.

Could we be able to grab a button and put it where we want and the editor would allow the insert and renumbering?

Would save us a lot resets and clickings (Is that a word?).

Thanks,

ME

Edited by Martian Emigrant

• 3 months later...

You want to . . . what? Put numbers between the existing groups? Why put a 5.5 between 5 and 6, when you could just make an 11? But the problem with going to 11 is what button are you going to press on the keyboard? You can't do "Shift + 1" because that will throttle up before you activate the action group.

A drag and drop method of reordering the action groups would be kinda cool.    Some craft I do plan on a bunch of AG's, and when making them, I might forget to put one in, and then my intended order of operations is now all out of whack.  

I'm not even sure if AGX has this capability though.  Might be a cool thing for it to handle.....

14 hours ago, orcaman said:

You want to . . . what? Put numbers between the existing groups? Why put a 5.5 between 5 and 6, when you could just make an 11? But the problem with going to 11 is what button are you going to press on the keyboard? You can't do "Shift + 1" because that will throttle up before you activate the action group.

This is handled very easily by the AGX mod.  You can open a window that lists groups 1-99, and you can then click on the group you intended.   You can't activate 11-99 from the keyboard directly, like you mentioned, but if your craft requires that many action groups on demand to function, it is no longer a spacecraft, it's a piano.  But it's nice when you can say "Ok, we've reached 'point A' in our flight plan, I now need 'X Y & Z' to happen, so I'll just click this one button".  Action groups 1-10 are great for things that have to happen while you're busy, and repeatedly.  I like to make a bunch of action groups in the teens that trigger when certain conditions are met (EC falling too low for example), they're AG's I'll not need to do manually, but I can access them if I have to. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.