UomoCapra

Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1 and Making History 1.6.1 is live!

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program 1.6.1 and Making History 1.6.1 is live!

This patch includes several fixes for both the base game and the Making History Expansion.

Check out this patch's Changelog for further details:

=================================== v1.6.1 & MH 1.6.1============================================================
1.6.1 Changelog - BaseGame ONLY (see below for MH changelog)
+++ Bugfixes
* Fix collider on Stayputnik.
* Fix issue with partdatabase.cfg - Drag cubes and Mods causing issues with Mk-2 lander can and associated NREs.
* Fix unable to launch old ships with old Mk-2 lander can in career and science sandbox games.
* Fix What’s new screen - Don’t show again text disappearing when hovering.
* Fix some issues on high gravity or heavy vessels suspension stability introduced in 1.6.0 by changing maximum suspension damper clamp back to a value of 2.
1.6.1 Changelog - Making History DLC ONLY
+++ Bugfixes
* Fix NRE when jettisoning SM-25 doors.
* Fix issue with failure nodes not working on Making History Stock missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay, first! Also, small update, but happy for the big fixes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

partdatabase.cfg

Does this fix the nuclear-jet-plume-in-editor and the engine not functioning at all bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There we go! Many many thanks for this quick patch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

* Fix collider on Stayputnik. * Fix issue with partdatabase.cfg - Drag cubes and Mods causing issues with Mk-2 lander can and associated NREs.

Das really cool. Very danke.

It's not just you who is cringing because of that sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, kudos for getting this out.

Second, very nice to see that there were only a few, not so significant bugs in 1.6.  I've been playing in 1.6 for a few days, and haven't really come across any, possibly because I've been doing the double restart to fix the part database bug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I tell what version is available on steam? I don't want to redownload 1.6.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nightside said:

How can I tell what version is available on steam? I don't want to redownload 1.6.0

steam is always the latest released version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Second, very nice to see that there were only a few, not so significant bugs in 1.6. 

The content of MM thread since 1.6 begs to differ :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

 


* Fix issue with partdatabase.cfg - Drag cubes and Mods causing issues with Mk-2 lander can and associated NREs.

 

Oh it was mods that were the cause of the issue, that's so weird. Juding by the recent Module Manager interim fix of this bug it would see as if the Vanilla loader was missing a Null Check during the parts database generation on game load with respect to how the procedural drag cubes were being generated for some parts. Its super weird that mods would be the root cause of that issue.

Mod Devs obviously don't want to cause bugs and issues in the stock game, even when no mods are installed, so is there anything that you could let Part Modders know so that they could avoid causing issues like this in the future?

Edited by Poodmund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for getting the update out so quickly! Nice work :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Its super weird that mods would be the root cause of that issue.

They didn't say mods were the root cause. From what I know of the problem, it's triggered the first time you load the game, and any time after that that you change the part database. Without mods, you should only see this once. With mods, you should only see this once each time you load a mod (or mods) that change(s) the part database.

Mostly I thought this because it matches my experience, and when I read their line:

5 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Fix issue with partdatabase.cfg - Drag cubes and Mods causing issues with Mk-2 lander can and associated NREs.

I assumed they meant "loading mods that change the part database"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

They didn't say mods were the root cause. From what I know of the problem, it's triggered the first time you load the game, and any time after that that you change the part database. Without mods, you should only see this once. With mods, you should only see this once each time you load a mod (or mods) that change(s) the part database.

Mostly I thought this because it matches my experience, and when I read their line:

I assumed they meant "loading mods that change the part database"

The root cause was a combination of ModuleManager  and mods that add parts to the game which then exposed a bug in the way KSP generates the partdatabase.cfg file if it finds it missing, which when playing stock - can only happen if the user manually deleted it. However, when playing with ModuleManager and mods that add parts - ModuleManager would force KSP to rebuild the partdatabase.cfg by removing it - or forcing it to rebuild it via code based on ModuleManager code logic (not stock KSP code logic).
This bug also only created a problem for parts that use procedural drag cubes - such as the new stock MK2 landercan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea.  I got it without MM the first time i loaded the game as the new Mk2 landercan was the first thing I wanted to play with.  So yes MM but MM only triggered this bug.

Glad to see it's out and fixed but I'll wait till my fav. Verison locked mods update ;) Peace. 

Edited by theJesuit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I of course checked for this thread immediately AFTER Steam auto-updated me to 1.6.1.  And more fool me, I had seen zero evidence that there was even going to BE a 1.6.1, so I never created a 1.6.0 backup copy.

And now I do not see an option in Steam to roll back to 1.6.0--I have to either stay with the new version (can't do that with my current save until the version-locked mod Kopernicus updates) or roll back to 1.5.1 or earlier (can't do that with my current save due to use of the new parts).

Is Steam going to be allowing a rollback to 1.6, or do I have to go cold turkey until Kopernicus updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Srpadget said:

can't do that with my current save until the version-locked mod Kopernicus updates

I don't know about Kopernicus in particular, but most mods you can get around that by editing the *.version file.

It's pretty likely that there's nothing in 1.6.1 that will not work, if Kopernicus works in 1.6.0. And it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, this should be the impetus you need to back up your game every once in a while. Or better, don't play the Steam version and instead play the "backup."

Edited by 5thHorseman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meeeh... gog.com did update KSP but the DLC is still on 1.6 and will not work. Awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I don't know about Kopernicus in particular, but most mods you can get around that by editing the *.version file.

It's pretty likely that there's nothing in 1.6.1 that will not work, if Kopernicus works in 1.6.0. And it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, this should be the impetus you need to back up your game every once in a while. Or better, don't play the Steam version and instead play the "backup."

Kopernicus is version-locked in its dll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't figure out what an "NRE" is, but if it's what I think it is, then I'm very excited to try out the SM-25 again :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pacca said:

I can't figure out what an "NRE" is, but if it's what I think it is, then I'm very excited to try out the SM-25 again :3

An NRE is a null reference exception, which happens when the game's code tries to access something that doesn't exist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
* Fix some issues on high gravity or heavy vessels suspension stability introduced in 1.6.0 by changing maximum suspension damper clamp back to a value of 2.

NOOOOOOO! Small probes (a core & 3 mini-legs) and the Kerbal X landing stage wobble like jello on the Mun, and setting damper/spring to 3 is the only fix!

Now I have to go back to editing the SLS file by hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accidentally launched "Launcher.exe" and clicked "Mods @ Curse". Curse said "page not found".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Accidentally launched "Launcher.exe" and clicked "Mods @ Curse". Curse said "page not found".

The Launcher doesn't work.

You merely found a new way that is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.