Shifting focus back to vessel in map mode (not Tracking Station)

OK, I know this is a question that has been posed before, but in 1.6 the suggested answers don't seem to be working for me.

In a mission, flying my ship, I go to map mode. I focus on a celestial body. But then I can't move the focus back to my ship.

I have tried backspace, tilde, double clicking, square brackets. The only two ways I have found to do are by using TAB, but that seems to cycle through all the celestial bodies first leaving the ship to last (shiftTAB cycles through all the celestial bodies in the opposite direction but still leaves the ship to last). The second way is by exiting to the tracking station.

Neither of the two ways is exactly user friendly.

Does anyone know any shorter ways? 

Installed mods are up to date versions of Mechjeb2 and XScience. Playing on Win 10

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

Check your key mapping in the settings, make sure the ' (~) key is assigned to reset view or whatever it's called. 

It's called 'Camera Reset' but depending on your keyboard layout, it is not the [ ~ ] key. For me, it is the [ ^ ] key, which is located above [ tab ] and left to the [ 1 ].

"It's called 'Camera Reset'"

Ah, thank you. That labelling didn't strike me as anything to do with...I assumed that it was to do with resetting the camera in ship view. Not unreasonable because the camera is not used in map views - quirky.

And on my keymap, it was set to the apostrophe, so I couldn't find by looking for a tilde.

Thank you both, you are lifesavers. :):):)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.