Realtime KSP

freddie299

Dear all,

I am wondering if there are any mods thank link KSP time to Earth time. I know that your first reflex will be "but you will never get to Jool" - I know, and I don't care. I have found to have spent way too much time with KSP recently. So I came up with this solution, which also adds a sense of realism: I try to keep the  Earth and Kerbin time synchronous. Currently, I am calculating the Kerbin days that have past since the creation of a save in a excel sheet which updates itself, but I'd like to see some kind of mod to do this for me.

Is anyone of you aware of a mod that

a) Drops you out of time warp once you have reached the current earth date or

b) Even calculates passed time in the background and kind of automatically warps you to "today" once you open the save? (Would prefer option a)

Thanks, best,

Freddie

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

Moving to Add-on Discussions, since this is about mods.

1 hour ago, freddie299 said:

I am wondering if there are any mods thank link KSP time to Earth time. I know that your first reflex will be "but you will never get to Jool" - I know, and I don't care. I have found to have spent way too much time with KSP recently. So I came up with this solution, which also adds a sense of realism: I try to keep the  Earth and Kerbin time synchronous. Currently, I am calculating the Kerbin days that have past since the creation of a save in a excel sheet which updates itself, but I'd like to see some kind of mod to do this for me.

Is anyone of you aware of a mod that

a) Drops you out of time warp once you have reached the current earth date or

b) Even calculates passed time in the background and kind of automatically warps you to "today" once you open the save? (Would prefer option a)

Ooooh, interesting idea!

I don't know of such a mod off the top of my head... but that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't one, there are scads of 'em out there.  ;)

Whether one actually exists or not, though... option A sounds like something that wouldn't be too hard to program, so it shouldn't be too hard to have a mod like that.  It's just a question of whether there's one just lying around.  Happy hunting, hopefully someone here may have a suggestion!

If you're using RSS there's a mod called RSS Date Time formatter that sets the game clock to match the real calendar. From there you could just fast forward to current times. Maybe you could combine that with Kerbal Alarm Clock?

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I hope that helps

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RSSTimeFormatter/releases

The problem with syncing stock to real life is that the calendar is way different. Days are 1/4 as long, lunar cycles are different as are solar cycles

Edited by Tyko

I know time control offers editing of all the on-rails timewarp rates, which could use to set them all to 1x:

But it also adds a bunch of other features for different ways on controlling timewarp. However, it does include a warp-to-time feature.

Maybe the simplest solution would be to unbind , and . from the timewarp controls?

I like this idea though, I might try a RO game with something like this.

Edited by Mad Rocket Scientist

14 hours ago, Tyko said:

The problem with syncing stock to real life is that the calendar is way different. Days are 1/4 as long, lunar cycles are different as are solar cycles 

In RSS its "easy", but I am not using that. And for the differenct cycles, there is my excel sheet. I'd just like to have the formula integrated to KSP. I haven't programmed for a while, but maybe I will dig into the sources of Alarm Clock, Time Formatter and Time Control - thank you everybody for the links - and try to build it myself.

2 hours ago, freddie299 said:

In RSS its "easy", but I am not using that. And for the differenct cycles, there is my excel sheet. I'd just like to have the formula integrated to KSP. I haven't programmed for a while, but maybe I will dig into the sources of Alarm Clock, Time Formatter and Time Control - thank you everybody for the links - and try to build it myself.

There's a mod called Kronometer too that let's you mess with time

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.