Nathaniel411

Space program Diary

I've been thinking of posting my space program on the forums for feedback. It's been a while since I last played (I last played v0.90) so excuse my inefficiency. There's no real proper 'goal', although I guess making bases and space stations on most bodies would be nice.

DAY 1

I don't have many screenshots in this one, since I didn't think of making something like this when I did this.

I thought of making a neat little space station around Kerbin as a refresher, but then I realized I messed up as I used the inflatable airlocks by themselves and had no way to dock. Now the situation was that the original three was stuck on a broken station and Valentina and a few scientists were stuck on a unusable module. I decided to launch a rescue probe with a arm to pull the station out of orbit. Things went okay, until I tried to decouple the inflatable heat shield, for some reason it kept smacking the ship and destroying it. A few retries later and I got away with only the probe core destroyed, which was fine since the cockpit can somehow control the rescue craft through a arm. Anyway, the landing went well (nothing exploded atleast) and the original three was fine

AGHAu6b.png

What do you think? The next mission I'll try is to go to Duna, which is a bad idea considering I'm still trying to get better with manuever nodes, but eh.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 7:39 AM, Nathaniel411 said:

It's been a while since I last played (I last played v0.90) so excuse my inefficiency.

That's only good, nobody wants to watch everything go perfect.

Post your failures and overcome them, us readers love that. &)

Goodluck and try to post daily to gather a fanbase.