[1.9.1] Kolyphemus System Continued

Davian Lin

On 9/27/2020 at 3:51 PM, Maple Kerman said:

let Kolyphemus use its own EVE configs.

How are you able to do this? I can see EVE and its configs but I have no clue how to individually configure it. Would this mean I could keep Spectra on the main planets of Kerbol, and have the Kolyphemus system use its own visuals simultaneously?

On 10/1/2020 at 12:04 AM, InfoTheGamer said:

How are you able to do this? I can see EVE and its configs but I have no clue how to individually configure it. Would this mean I could keep Spectra on the main planets of Kerbol, and have the Kolyphemus system use its own visuals simultaneously?

That's what I thought I could do, since there's no real reason for Kolyphemus to interfere with any configs for the stock planets. (Planets will automatically use the configs meant for them.)

Unfortunately, I tried Kolyphemus out with a couple of visual packs, and they're all incompatible with it. I sadly ended up removing Kolyphemus because I can't live without visuals for the stock planets (and OPM). I'm afraid you'll have to choose between Spectra and Kolyphemus.

15 hours ago, Maple Kerman said:

I'm afraid you'll have to choose between Spectra and Kolyphemus.

That's okay, since I only really need the atmospheric effects for a cinematic I am producing. I will recreate the Avatar I.S.V. Venture Star arrival to Pandora, and it's gonna look mind-blowing when I'm finished with it. Do you have any recommendations for planet packs, maybe some with Alpha Centauri A,B, or C (Prox. Ceti.)?

On 10/4/2020 at 4:13 PM, InfoTheGamer said:

Do you have any recommendations for planet packs, maybe some with Alpha Centauri A,B, or C (Prox. Ceti.)?

If you want to keep the stock solar system, then Outer Planets Mod is a must, in my opinion.

For star packs, I would recommend Extrasolar, EventHorizon, Other Worlds Reboot, GEP Secondary, and GPP Secondary.

As for packs that add Alpha Centauri and such, you could go with either Galaxies Unbound: Nova Kirbani (note that this is sadly incompatible with visual packs), or Real Exoplanets.

Edited by Maple Kerman

@Maple KermanThanks for your recommendations, I very much love REX and I'm going to try Extrasolar soon. I am running into some issues with REX, where the planet has no discernable surface (I'm certain it's rocky, like Trappist-1 f), and I somehow glitch into the terrain and am lost to the Kraken. Also, if I install SVE for REX, like it says in the readme, would it mess with my Spectra configs for the Kerbol System?

5 hours ago, InfoTheGamer said:

Also, if I install SVE for REX, like it says in the readme, would it mess with my Spectra configs for the Kerbol System?

Installing SVE alongside Spectra would cause the configs for the stock planets to overlap, which is guaranteed to cause issues.
If you really want the visuals for REX, I would recommend either dropping Spectra and using only SVE (which maybe has issues with the current version of Scatterer, I think), or going into the files for SVE and removing textures and configs for the stock planets. The latter is a bit tricky and might break things if done incorrectly, so I'm not sure if you're willing to do so.
Otherwise, I would suggest simply not using SVE, which unfortunately means no visuals for REX. Your choice.

Note that Extrasolar only uses SVE for visuals, so in my opinion you'd probably be better off just running SVE alone in the future if you want visuals for both packs. :/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Is there any conflict between this mod and any other mod? trying to install it by CKAN but when I check mark this mod the apply button is still disabled, this normally happens when there is a conflict between the new mod and your mod list?

1 minute ago, Jiraiyah said:

Hi

Is there any conflict between this mod and any other mod? trying to install it by CKAN but when I check mark this mod the apply button is still disabled, this normally happens when there is a conflict between the new mod and your mod list?

Hi
Try to install Kolyphemus from SpaceDock site, not CKAN in this situation.. :(

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Bluespace said:

I want this to work with astronomers V.P.!!

Because of the way the the developer set up the visuals for Kolyphemus, they're incompatible with one another.
If you try to install this alongside AVP, you'll get no clouds on either the stock planets, Kolyphemus, or both.

• 4 months later...
On 5/28/2021 at 7:52 PM, Naeth Kerman said:

Is it just me, or does the spacing/orbits of the moons seem cartoonish and out of scale?

It's probably done like that intentionally, which is one of the reasons why I dropped this pack.

That, and the inability to use visual mods alongside it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.