How would I get KSP on steam? (previous buyer)

ocso639

I know I can buy KSP on steam, but I've bought KSP before it was on steam, I wanna try the version 0.24 but there's no other way to get that version other than those pirated versions that are torrents and possibly viruses and I don't wanna do that,
I bought KSP on:

2013-08-07

When the first KSP (steam) release came out:

November 13, 2013

how would I get it? Do I have to rebuy it?
I have proof of my KSP purchase date.

Sorry, I sound like a liar, it's my grammar if that does anything.

Yes you need to buy it again.  I'd be surprised if 0.24 is still on Steam though although I haven't tried old versions there so I don't know.  1.0.5 appears to be the oldest 'beta' available.  Why do you want a five year old version?

12 minutes ago, Pecan said:

Yes you need to buy it again.  I'd be surprised if 0.24 is still on Steam though although I haven't tried old versions there so I don't know.  1.0.5 appears to be the oldest 'beta' available.  Why do you want a five year old version?

check steamdb, there's a steam console called nav/console and you can install versions not available in the Betas tab, however you need the game downloaded. I wanna try it cause the old planet buster.

Edited by ocso639

Check the FAQ.

I bought the game on the KSP Store, but I want it on Steam. Will you give me a Steam Key?

In general no. The option to transfer KSP Store licenses to Steam is only available for those who bought KSP before it originally came out on Steam, March 20th 2013. Note that if you do qualify for a transfer and choose to do it, the process is OPTIONAL and IRREVERSIBLE. If you transfer your purchase to Steam, you will no longer be able to download or update the game from the KSP Store. To move to Steam, log in to your KSP Store profile and you will find the button to start the process next to your download link. If you can’t see the button in your profile it means you purchased the game after it was on Steam and you are not eligible, no exceptions, please don’t insist.

3 minutes ago, stibbons said:

If it's not available through the KSP store, then I suspect your only legal option is to buy a Steam key.

I wouldn't just buy 39.99$ for something I already own, I mean I just find the whole "if you own the game before it was on steam you get it for free on steam" bull. 

41 minutes ago, ocso639 said:

I wouldn't just buy 39.99$ for something I already own, I mean I just find the whole "if you own the game before it was on steam you get it for free on steam" bull. 

They likely find "Do a bunch of work and pay for my Steam license to give it to me for free" bull, too.

Just now, 5thHorseman said:

They likely find "Do a bunch of work and pay for my Steam license to give it to me for free" bull, too.

after thinking about that, you are correct and I find it reasonable that people that owned the game before it was released on steam can get it for free on there.

Am I reading correctly? You bought the game in August 2013 and it was released om Steam in November 2013? That means you can transfer your purchase to Steam. There is an option for that if you log in to the KSP store. 

33 minutes ago, Deddly said:

it was released om Steam in November 2013

I was curious about that too. The FAQ entry I pasted above names 20th March 2013, and Wikipedia agrees. So I dug up the Steam announcement at https://store.steampowered.com/news/10192/ and it's definitely March for the first Early Access release. That'd be 0.19.1, released a couple days before on the 18th. 

The confusion probably came about because the oldest package steamdb has seems to be November. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.