What is wrong with my Kerbals?!

Last Thursday I created a new career mode save on my console (actually, it's my son's XBox, but he lets me use it to play KSP).

After unlocking the necessary tech, Anfrid Kerman voyages to the Minty Moon.

I wanted to bring home as much science as possible, so I hopped from biome to biome.

At site 1, he made an EVA, planted a flag and took a sample. He then attempted to climb the ladder of the craft, given the name of MLTV-1 (Minmus-Mun Landing Test Vehicle). "(X) Grab" did not show up. Frustrated, he jetpacked directly to the pod's hatch. Neither "(A) Let Go", "(X) Grab," or "(B) Board" showed up. Pressing any of those buttons resulted in nothing. I reloaded the quicksave from when he planted the flag, and he attempted again to get back in the pod. The same problem occurred.

So I reloaded the XBox. Anfrid Kerman was able to re-enter the pod. Hallelujah!

But the worst was yet to come.

At site 2, I clicked on his EVA button. He popped out of the capsule, but the options, once again, did not show up! He just hung on to the ladder on the pod, unable to let go, climb up or down. Could not turn on his jetpack. I had to cut the mission short because of this bug, which is probably worse than the command seat exploding bug.

That bug was incredibly annoying, but it could be avoided altogether by not using command seats. That leaves plenty of other options for rovers, like the MK1 inline cockpit.

I don't know how to fix this bug. Reloading the console takes 2 minutes and and the effect of doing that only lasts for 1-3 EVA's.

Please help!

Edited by Jebediah Kerman Jr.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.