Labs in Kerbalism

Rauko

Hi, I've searched but didnt find clear instructions about how labs work in kerbalism. Could someone explain?

Can you use you already got science for? Can you use similar samples in different labs? (So, can I have two stations with lab, get three samples of mun lowlands, return one to kerbin, and one for each lab for tripple science gain?)

Do placement of the lab matters?

I know in stock, but I want to know in Kerbalism.

Thanks

Basically it allows on transmitable science (goo and Sci jr) to be transmitable using the kerbalism mechanic.  Otherwise it is not transmitable. 

There was a thought to give you 1.5 science from those but I don't know if that happened.

Also you can use the lab to reset goo and Sci jr without having to eva.

Peace.

Mmm but you can get the sample to kerbin for full science. So whats the point of having a station with a lab in lko, if their only advantage is let you transmit the science, when you only have to deorbit the sample?

So its only purpose is let you transmit samples science? So I have to put a 4tonnes lab in my tiny probe?  (The only other way to use it is to return the probe to lko, rendezvous with my station and transmit the resulting science, but once in lko I can deorbit the probe and get the science without the lab)

Then I totally dont see the point of labs in kerbalism (or I am missing something)

Edit: even the "lab in my probe" thing is not doable, as I would need a scientific in the lab to make it work

Edited by Rauko

That's right.  Kerbalism makes life quite a lot more difficult.  Labs in LKO dont do much at all.  They do a little bit If you don't like the way the science works you can change the settings.cfg with a text editor and change the science = true to false which makes science collection stock.

I'm not sure why you'd add a lab to a small probe though.  To make the lab work you'd need to also to staff it making it not a small probe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.