[W.I.P] [1.6.1] Geptu Expansion (Beta 0.1)

Sylandro

This mod is still a rough work-in-progress and is still in beta, please do not be alarmed if stuff is still wonky in the mod's current state! As said, this mod is NOT READY to be reviewed yet in it's current state.

The Geptu Expansion is a pet project of mine that i've been working on-and-off that is loosely based off of Nova's Gas Planet 2 concepts, and my old Kopernicus mod JoolPlus. 

In it's current state, this planet pack adds four new bodies. Geptu, a brilliant azure gas giant with a ring system that orbits a little bit beyond where Eeloo used to, Belus--a volcanic moon with a pizzalike appearance, Krav, a rugged moon with vast mountain ranges and huge craters, and Galena--a large brown super-tylo moon. This planet pack also relocates Eeloo to orbit around Geptu, so if you are using any planet packs that relocates Eeloo--chances are, stuff won't be compatible.

Geptu's current texture is a placeholder, and it comes from this thread by the lovely Eudae55.

IMGUR ALBUM

https://imgur.com/a/TKroX1L

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nihoiedhb457qn/Geptu.rar?dl=0

Edited by Sylandro

I come bearing pics of my development shenanigans behind-the-scenes of the next update. No ETA available for when it'll drop, but here's some pictures of the new Belus under the cut. Might change up the texture a little bit, I'm not entirely sure yet at the moment.

Spoiler

screenshot6.png

screenshot7.png

screenshot9.png

Yes, Belus now has a ~15km high atmosphere, as I am planning on making it akin to Nova's concept for Fonso--a moon where it's mountaintops reach above the atmosphere. For reference, those plateaus on Belus are around ~5km high.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 7:08 PM, The Minmus Derp said:

Is this mod usable in the latest version? It looks rather interesting. Sorry for necroposting.

If so, I think I'll download it!

sorry for the (very belated) response, as far as i know--it is, not sure if it's compatible with the current kopernicus version, but i've been thinking about doing a revival of the planet pack sometime down the road.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:46 PM, Sylandro said:

I come bearing pics of my development shenanigans behind-the-scenes of the next update. No ETA available for when it'll drop, but here's some pictures of the new Belus under the cut. Might change up the texture a little bit, I'm not entirely sure yet at the moment.

Woooo, look at that view! The terrain looks a bit blocky, though. Are you using PQS mods to smooth out the terrain?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.