Best KSP RO/RSS version

I can tell you what you need for a nice RSS experience, complete with the eyecandies:

KSP 1.3.1

RSS 13.1

Kopernicus 1.3.1-7

Module Manager 3.0.4

RSSVE 1.3.1-6

EVE 1.2.2-1

Scatterer 0.0320b

no idea in the RO stuff though, sorry

10 hours ago, Dafni said:

I can tell you what you need for a nice RSS experience, complete with the eyecandies:

KSP 1.3.1

RSS 13.1

Kopernicus 1.3.1-7

Module Manager 3.0.4

RSSVE 1.3.1-6

EVE 1.2.2-1

Scatterer 0.0320b

no idea in the RO stuff though, sorry

13 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

I agree with @maceemiller  I run a RSS installation with a few other mods with v1.3.1.  It does all that I need from such an install so see no reason to update to a later version and then mess around trying to find the mods that work with that version.

14 hours ago, maceemiller said:

I would guess KSP 1.3.1

A very solid version with more mods than you can shake a stick at.

16 hours ago, Duck McFuddle said:

I don't know if any particular version is good, I guess just use the version intended for the mod. If there is a correct/better version somebody please correct me :P

Thanks. I finally got 1.3.1 :)

But why do some Youtubers use 1.2.2? Any idea?

1 minute ago, Nigel Cardozo said:

Thanks. I finally got 1.3.1 :)

But why do some Youtubers use 1.2.2? Any idea?

You are welcome. Let us know how it works out for you.

I think people are still using 1.2.2 because they have all the mods that they want there. It is entirely possible that one of your favorite mods does not exist for a certain version of KSP.

Or maybe it it because of some RO thing that I am not aware of. Again sorry for my ignorance there.

Personally I would advise you to use 1.3.1 still. For me the performance increase that 1.3 brings over 1.2 is worth way more than any abandoned mod could ever be. Plus I quite like the stock comnet implementation.

Another tipp: CKAN works nice for modding up your 1.3.1 - IIRC it has more than 800 mods for that version of KSP.

cheers

Daf

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 3:41 PM, Dafni said:

You are welcome. Let us know how it works out for you.

I think people are still using 1.2.2 because they have all the mods that they want there. It is entirely possible that one of your favorite mods does not exist for a certain version of KSP.

Or maybe it it because of some RO thing that I am not aware of. Again sorry for my ignorance there.

Personally I would advise you to use 1.3.1 still. For me the performance increase that 1.3 brings over 1.2 is worth way more than any abandoned mod could ever be. Plus I quite like the stock comnet implementation.

Another tipp: CKAN works nice for modding up your 1.3.1 - IIRC it has more than 800 mods for that version of KSP.

cheers

Daf

It really works well thanks!!! I enjoyed it.

• 4 months later...