Should the Skipper remain unchanged?

AVeryNiceSpacePenguin

Should The Skipper Remain Unchanged?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Skipper Remain Unchanged?

• Leave it alone
    • It needs an overhaul

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/15/2019 at 03:00 PM

4 hours ago, Frozen_Heart said:

If the entire game was still in the Nova style parts then it would be fine. As it's clear KSP is not going for that aesthetic anymore i'd rather it got an overhaul.

Just to be clear, the Skipper was made by ClairaLyrae who was brought on to the SQUAD team who originally made KSPX mod and then migrated the majority of the mod parts into the base game:

I think it needs an overhaul. It's not a bad model-- one of my favorite ones from among the pre-overhaul era. However,

On 1/13/2019 at 3:37 AM, Frozen_Heart said:

If the entire game was still in the Nova style parts then it would be fine. As it's clear KSP is not going for that aesthetic anymore i'd rather it got an overhaul.

^ very much this. I really like the direction they've been going lately, and hope and expect that they'll continue the trend as the art pass continues.

My personal priority list of what I'd like to see them overhaul next:

1. Mainsail
  2. Swivel & Reliant (please do these together or not at all, otherwise my OCD will implode)
  3. Skipper
  4. Anything else, don't care as much at this point

It does not need much of an overhaul, I mean the bell is decent, the rest of the equipment is present as well. The only thing it needs is detail. Some more stuff going around it, maybe few variants (the top is the worst looking part of the whole model), better textures and I would call it done. Same goes for mentioned swivel and reliant, these two seem to be in the same bag.

Mainsail, on the other hand, is as bad as poodle was until very recently. Rushed work, to the point where people only could think "yea I guess it looks like an engine". So yeah.

On 1/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, Poodmund said:

Just to be clear, the Skipper was made by ClairaLyrae who was brought on to the SQUAD team who originally made KSPX mod and then migrated the majority of the mod parts into the base game:

Her style was heavily based on Nova's, and designed to match it perfectly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.