Going to Duna

Hi Felfox1, welcome to the forums! I moved the thread to the gameplay questions section of the forums, because you might have better luck in here :)

For all my delta V needs I always go back to the community delta-v map. There are other versions going around, but this one is my favorite.

Welcome to the forums!

First off, the Dv to Duna can vary greatly depending on "when" in a given year you go. I'm talking thousands of Dv here. The Community Dv map is a fantastic tool and all, but it assumes you know well enough to be going at the right time.

So your first step is getting Transfer Window Planner and plotting a transfer to Duna.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

One of my Duna ships was basically the same as an Apollo style one I used to go to Mun.  The only changes I made was to add some parachutes to the lander to save fuel during the landing phase, and I put 4 boosters on the first stage just to ease the amount of liquid fuel I used getting to LKO.

I was going to suggest a dV map and Transfer Window Planner but no need!! It's been said.

Never fails to amaze me how this community never gets tired of repeating/reposting links or answers to new and old players alike...

It's a refreshing feeling....

If your ship has enough fuel to go to Mimnus Orbit and return to Low Kerbin Orbit. (75K) It should have plenty to reach Duna with spare for your lander/return vehicle to refuel.

If your return stage can go from Low Kerbin Orbit to Low Mun Orbit (12K) and back to Low Kerbin Orbit. It should have more than enough to go from Duna Back To Kerbin.

A rough generous estimation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.