VAB Keybindings (X - Cycle Symmerty & C - Snap) don't do anything?

Hello.

About a year ago I had a heavily modded game version which was full of problems and at some point X and C key bindings stopped working in the VAB. I assumed this was mod issues.

I took the bold step to completely wipe all game data, mods, saves etc to run it from a clean sheet with no mods and start again, about 2 weeks ago.

I've noticed that X and C don't work still, i have no idea why. I have about 3 - 4 mods, affecting visuals of the planets and things that make the game look nice, so can't figure why this is the case?

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening and is there a way to fix it? I'm running Ksp 1.4.5.2243 x 64.

Much appreciated.

Nick

Sounds like an issue caused by Editor Extensions Redux, that's why newer versions (available for 1.4.5)  got a new button in the settings to restore the key bindings:

Spoiler

QnzGKyA.png

But it should not persists after reinstalling everything...so, have you actually checked the key bindings in the game settings? You can find the editor controlls in the 'Game' tab:

Spoiler

198RKhb.png

While you are already there, you can also check if the keyboad layout is recognized properly.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:20 AM, 4x4cheesecake said:

Sounds like an issue caused by Editor Extensions Redux, that's why newer versions (available for 1.4.5)  got a new button in the settings to restore the key bindings:

Oh, THAT'S what caused that problem. I ended up resetting them in the KSP settings, because those entries had gone blank.

Thanks, Cheeseman!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.