[WIP][0.0.1] Insight

kunedo

This mod tries to create a replica of the mission insight, models, textures, emissions, plumes, etc, etc ... they could be modified as new updates come out. I launch the mod, little worked so that it can be tested and improve it over time. any idea, correction or bug, comment, thank you!

Incorpore:

Atlas V 401 with RD-180 and Centaur upper stage with RL10A-4-2.

Atlas V Launch Stability Enhancer.

Insight Cruise.

Insight Lander.

and MarCO´s cubesats.

Functions mod:

Automatic engine warm-up before launch.(Only effect visual smoke)

Engine Cruise with deployable engine.

GUI for the control of the insight lander cameras.One camera with function to look around with consumption electric.

Spoiler

ieNz1Nx.jpg36OeBGw.jpg

Required mods:

Module manager.

Recommend mods:

Toolbar.

Toolbar Manager.

KSP-AVC.

ChangeLog:

0.0.1:

Initial release.

Available in CKAN.

Insight is licensed under GPL-3.0

Download section:

Spacedock (With Craft File)

GitHub(Without Craft File)

Craft File

Edited by kunedo

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BlackHat said:

Spotlighted by KottabosGames

-vidsnip-

Huh. Saw that video and downloaded the pack... Lander looks excellent and all, but...

Holy. Cow. Seriously overpowered. I mean, the lander has over 2.7 km/s dV on its own. The antennas ALL work from Eeloo. and the cruise stage engine has a vacuum Isp of 600 SECONDS. I've been tinkering with different edits to the config files to correct these, if you're interested in a balancing pass, @kunedo...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, zw_45 said:

Unfortunately, this beautiful mod is no longer updated. I wrote a patch to rebalance this mod. I also added waterfall and cryoengine support to this mod.

Here’s the config

I’m going to contact the author about this, would you mind if I incorporate your patch into a new release?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I’m going to contact the author about this, would you mind if I incorporate your patch into a new release?

Sure, feel free to use this patch, but I think we can directly edit the cfg if we get permission from the author.

18 minutes ago, zw_45 said:

Sure, feel free to use this patch, but I think we can directly edit the cfg if we get permission from the author.

That's what I was planning on doing.  I will also do a pass to make sure everything has bulkheadprofiles, tags, etc, although if you want to do tags, that would be great as I'm not great at tagging

Edit: Just looked at a couple of parts, they already have tags (yay)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Fixed the broken science animation by switching ModuleAnimationGeneric to DMagic Science Animation, but generating a weird issues - if you deploy 2 instruments at the same time, you will have two robotic arms. I Also changed the waterfall template for landing thruster to hypergolic UDMH-NTO.

2m4P2Po.jpgb8PuIYb.jpg

On 2/27/2022 at 11:32 AM, zw_45 said:

I've finished merging the patch, noticed that the example vessel needs to be updated.  do you think you could rebuild it using parts updated with your patch and get it to me?

23 hours ago, zw_45 said:

Fixed the broken science animation by switching ModuleAnimationGeneric to DMagic Science Animation, but generating a weird issues - if you deploy 2 instruments at the same time, you will have two robotic arms.

The picture doesn't make it obvious, since I'm not familiar with the parts

On 2/28/2022 at 8:30 AM, zw_45 said:

I Also changed the waterfall template for landing thruster to hypergolic UDMH-NTO.

Nice.  config?

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've finished merging the patch, noticed that the example vessel needs to be updated.  do you think you could rebuild it using parts updated with your patch and get it to me?

The picture doesn't make it obvious, since I'm not familiar with the parts

Nice.  config?

Here’s the craft file and new waterfall config. Could you replace the old waterfall cfg with this one. I did some extra change to balance it, could you also merge the new patch?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anlnec-q1Uv7gR6zr5rtC94sLa4u

7 hours ago, zw_45 said:

Here’s the craft file and new waterfall config. Could you replace the old waterfall cfg with this one. I did some extra change to balance it, could you also merge the new patch?

Will do.  I'll try to get a preliminary beta out in a day or so

8 hours ago, zw_45 said:

I'm getting an error when trying to load the new craft file.  Did you rebuild it or just edit the file?

Never mind, it was the game version, I fixed it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.