Craft Vibrates to Death on Separation

1nKIgzB.jpg   JvXh9wQ.png

Every time I attempt to decouple/undock the rover + lander assembly, the craft begins a slow vibration which increases until it is destroyed. (Left screenshot) I have tried a lot of different modifications but ultimately have failed to correct the problem. There is no problem uncoupling from the bottom section of the craft, only the top. (Where the rover + lander are attached.) Does anyone know how to help me? KSP version 1.4.5.

Edited by The Dunatian

Are you using AutoStruts? AutoStruts to root and to heaviest part need to be recalculated on separation, and more than one time this recalculation induced this misbehaviour on bigger vessels, as not all the joints could be recalculated in a game clock tick.

15 hours ago, Lisias said:

Are you using AutoStruts? AutoStruts to root and to heaviest part need to be recalculated on separation, and more than one time this recalculation induced this misbehaviour on bigger vessels, as not all the joints could be recalculated in a game clock tick.

No, I'm not using autostrut. I will however have another look and see whether I missed any autostruts in the craft.

6 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

No, I'm not using autostrut. I will however have another look and see whether I missed any autostruts in the craft.

Try using Austrut to GrandParent on every "spaghettied" part. It use to work for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.